[NEohioPAL] PAID ACTING WORK - $20 PER HOUR

CCLCM SP cclcmsp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 08:07:11 PDT 2013

What:              Standardized Patient (SP) Work for ages 18 and over

When:              Various Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons for the medical
college, plus

                        Various dates for Special Projects

Where:             Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic main campus

How much:       $20.00 per hour plus free parking

Individuals who are new to the program:

Please read through the following information carefully, paying particular
attention to the instructions under the “if you are interested” section.
 After you reply, you will receive an email acknowledging that we have
received your information.  We will then review responses and send select
invitations to interview with us at one of our Meet & Greet sessions which
will be held during the last week of August and the first week of September.

Individuals who are returning to the program:

Please confirm that you would like to continue to receive session
invitations.  Send your latest headshot or picture to CCLCMSP at gmail.com and
we will be happy to post on our updated wall here at CCF.

Thank you for your interest in the Standardized Patient (SP) program at the
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine.  SPs portray patients in cases
which are used to train our student doctors in Communication Skills.  SPs
also present as themselves in Physical Diagnosis sessions.  Special Project
SPs work a more varied schedule with other caregivers here at CCF.  We are
located in the Lerner Research Institute on the main Cleveland Clinic
campus near University Circle in a dynamic professional and educational
environment.

* *

-               We have sessions every week during the academic year
(September to May), and also Special Projects that occur on various dates.

-               SP work is dependent upon which cases we use and whether
any of the patient profiles in those cases match up with your profile.
That is why it is not necessary to be available *every* Tuesday or
Wednesday as this is intermittent part-time work.  (Special Project hours
are varied.)

-               We will invite you to participate in a specific
session(s).  You are welcome to say Yes or No.

*Communication Skills Simulations*

* *

These sessions occur on various Tuesday and/or Wednesday afternoons.  (You
will not be needed *all *Tuesday or* *Wednesday afternoons; you will be
invited to specific Tuesday and/or Wednesday afternoons.)  Special Projects
vary in needs and dates.

* *

In order to participate in Communication Skills simulations, you must
memorize the character profile of a particular patient.  You will be given
all information that is necessary either before or at the training.  You
will not be required to wear a hospital gown or have a physical diagnosis
examination.

*Training for Communication Skills*

We have a 2-hour training session that accompanies *each* of the
Communication Skills cases.  The timing of the training session varies, but
it is most often on the Monday or Thursday of the week before the
simulation event.  You will be paid for this training.

* *

*Physical Diagnosis Simulations*

These sessions occur on various Wednesday afternoons from 12:45 p.m. until
5:00 p.m.

For this type of session, you must wear a hospital gown, but you are
welcome to wear your own sports clothing (shorts, and for women, sports bra
or tank top with skinny straps) underneath.

There is no character profile to memorize and no training for this type of
session.

*Pay*

You will be paid $20.00 per hour as an independent contractor.  You will
not be an employee of the Cleveland Clinic.

*Parking*

Parking is provided in the garage located directly across the skyway from
the College.  A parking validation ticket will be given to you at each
training and simulation in which you participate.

* *

*If you are interested, please e-mail answers for each of the following
requests to the email address listed below for your last name:*

* *

-               Name

-               Age *and *Date of birth (We cast within a 10-year timeframe
of your actual age.)

-               Contact information (home phone and cell phone)

-               Availability

-               The type of simulation in which you would like to
participate - Communication Skills, Physical Diagnosis, or both.   How
about Special Projects?

-               Write a few sentences about yourself, noting why you are
interested in this type of work

-               Headshot (or picture) and both business and acting resumes,
noting any work that you have done that may be similar to Standardized
Patient work.

*A-D reply to CCMSCSPErin at gmail.com*

*E-H reply to CCMSCSPHaiyen at gmail.com*

*I-L reply to CCMSCSPJennifer at gmail.com*

*M-P reply to CCMSCSPMaria at gmail.com*

*Q-T reply to CCMSCSPRocky at gmail.com*

*U-Z reply to CCMSCSPMary at gmail.com*

Thank you for your interest in our program and we hope to hear from you
soon!

Dyan Colpo - Standardized Patient Trainer/Manager

Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine

   of Case Western Reserve University

SP E-mail:  CCLCMSP at gmail.com

*"The Simulated/Standardized Patient (SP) is a person who has been
carefully coached to simulate an actual patient so accurately that the
simulation cannot be detected by a skilled clinician.  I**n performing the
simulation, the SP presents the gestalt of the patient being simulated; not
just the history, but the body language, the physical findings, and the
emotional and personality characteristics as well."*

*HS Barrows*