[NEohioPAL] Chagrin Valley Choral Union seeks new members

Lisa Georges lageorges_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 26 12:11:32 PDT 2013

To classical music lovers and those looking for a challenge, Chagrin Valley Choral Union will be starting its 2013-2014 season in September.  We are looking for new members of all voice types.  A love a classical-choral music is required, ability to read and interpret music a plus.

Founded in 1953, the non-audition, Chagrin Valley Choral Union (CVCU), is one of the oldest community choruses in Northeast Ohio.  CVCU specializes in performing classical choral masterworks such as those by Brahms, Haydn, Mozart, Bach, Rossini, Fauré, Mendelssohn, and Vivaldi.

Our singers come from various local communities.  With much patience and humor, CVCU’s music director and former opera star, Dr. J.D. Goddard, has a unique ability to teach, prepare, and empower singers to perform profound and exciting classical chorale works.

CVCU will start its season on Sunday, September 8 from 1:30 – 3:30 pm, at Our Redeemer Lutheran Church, 7196 SOM Center Road in Solon.  We rehearse every Sunday and perform two concerts a year in Twinsburg. CVCU can be heard on YouTube and Facebook.  Contact CVCU President Jerry Polizzi at 440-247-1618, or rebjer at gmail.com for more information or visit our website atwww.chagrinvalleychoralunion.org.