[NEohioPAL] BCT Fall Youth Theatre Classes

Sue Becks airbecks at msn.com
Mon Aug 26 15:11:58 PDT 2013

Registration is NOW OPEN	Sign up for Fall Classes  ASAP!

Classes are once per week for 8 weeks beginning September 16, 2013

Ages 5-7
Mondays, 5:30 – 6:15 PM
Elements of Theatre - Puppets, Costumes, and Games, Oh My!
	This class has something for everyone and a little bit of everything! Each class in our 8 week session will cover a different activity/element of theatre. Students will get hands-on and create costumes, masks, puppets, and art techniques professionals use to make the theatre someplace magical! We will also play lots of games and team-building activities to keep kids active and engaged. The class will culminate in a showcase of talent for family and friends!
Cost: $80.00 and includes all materials

Ages 8-10
Tuesdays, 5:15 -6:15 PM
Scenes From A Hat....Improv Comedy!
	Back by popular demand, our class will focus on tricks and techniques of improv comedy. Work together to perform various short and long form skits, like in the TV show "Who's Line is it Anyway?"!  Students will learn to work together to create characters and use their best creations to present laugh-out-loud fun! We will watch elements of comedy in appropriate TV and movie scenes as examples, and the classes will culminate in our very own LIVE comedy performance!
Cost: $75.00

Ages 11-13
Wednesdays, 5:30-6:45PM
Movement 101 - Developing a Character
	It's no secret that an actor's body is his/her most powerful tool. In this class, discover different types of movement that can enhance a character! We will study basic anatomy to get an understanding of your body, how it moves and how it works! Then we will explore elements of movement - yoga, dance inspired movement, combat - and study techniques on character creation. Using the most popular methods of Stanislavsky and Chekhov (the most widely used studies) students will create characters that are vibrant, lifelike and truthful. The classes will culminate in an actor showcase to perform for family and friends. Don't miss out on this brand new class for BCT!
Cost: $75.00
Requirements: Students must bring a mat to class and wear comfortable 'workout' clothing

Ages 14-18
Wednesdays, 7:00 -8:00 PM
Auditioning Techniques: Tips to help you land that Role (in High School, College, or Life)
	If the thought of getting up in front of everyone and speaking makes you cringe, this class is for you.  If you love being in the limelight and want ways to polish your audition, this class is for you! Auditioning Techniques is intended for kids who want to work on their auditioning, memorization and presentation skills regardless of whether you're into theatre or just hate being nervous in front of the class! As a smaller group, we will workshop monologues to help with memory and teach tips for relaxation, poise and overall confidence when speaking publicly. Have a project you're working on and need to speak in front of everyone? Bring it to class - we'll work on it. Are you preparing to go to a college interview and want to make a great first impression? Let's work on it! Class will culminate in a showcase of talent.This is a GREAT class for any kind of college audition or interview (for school OR a job) as well as theatre auditions.
Cost: $75.00

	Classes are limited to 20 children, and are registered on a first received, first registered basis. So, mail your registration quick! Registration ends when classes are full.To Register:  www.buckeyecommunitytheatre.com
Class Location: Buckeye Elementary School, 3180 Columbia Road, Medina, Ohio 44256 For more information, contact Sue Becks at airbecks at msn.com or call 330-725-7530

Sue Becks