[NEohioPAL] Making a phone ring on stage

Richard B. Ingraham rbingraham at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 18 11:32:48 PDT 2013

If you have a spare audio amplifier around you can do it fairly cheaply
using this method.

http://chsounddesign.com/ringmaster.php

But as a sound designer I have to say I really hate making phones ring live
on stage.  You have no control over the volume of the prop, how the ringer
sounds and invariably the prop "they" bring in doesn't work or doesn't work
well and reliable.  For this reason and many others, I almost always just
hide a speaker on the set and play a recorded phone ring out of that
speaker.  If I didn't tell anyone, most people wouldn't even know the
difference.

But the Tele-Q  is  really the easiest way, if you just have to have the
live prop.  Perhaps you might find someone that has one that would be
willing to rent it out to you for an affordable sum.

Richard B. Ingraham

RBI Computers and Audio

 <http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com> www.rbicompaudio.20m.com