[NEohioPAL] Ensemble's THEATRECLE CONTINUES with IONESCO!

Ensemble Theatre info at ensemble-theatre.org
Mon Jan 6 10:42:00 PST 2014

*PRESS RELEASE*
*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*

January 5th 2014

> CONTACT
> P: 216.202.0938
> E: info at ensemble-theatre.org
>     www.ensemble-theatre.org <http://www.ensembletheatre.org/>

*Ensemble Theatre* continues its *inaugural* *TheatreCLE **Season*..with:
*THE CHAIRS **& EXIT THE KING*
by Eugene Ionesco

*SEVEN ABSURD EVENINGS FILLED WITH IONESCO!  *
*JANUARY 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 17th, 18th, and 19th!*
*Seven chances only!  *
*The shows will perform consecutively.  *
*THE CHAIRS will start at 6pm.  EXIT THE KING will start at 8pm. *

THE CHAIRS will be directed by *Stephen Vasse-Hansell. *
Starring:*  Mary Jane Nottage & Joseph Milan.  *
*Originally written in 1952 and subtitled by the author as "a tragic
farce", The Chairs was produced on Broadway during the 1998 season in the
Theatre de Complicite/Royal Court production and acclaimed an absurdist
play of the first order by a master innovator of the genre.  The** premise:
an elderly couple spend their time collecting and inventorying chairs only
to be overcome by the very objects that give their lives meaning. *

*EXIT THE KING *will be directed* by Ian Wolfgang Hinz.*
Starring:*  Robert Hawkes, Valerie Young, Katie Nabors, Jeremy Jenkins,
Debbie Lenarz, & Clifton Holznagel. *
*First produced in 1963 starring Alec Guinness and successfully revived to
great acclaim on Broadway in 2009, this absurdist exploration of ego and
mortality is set in the crumbling throne-room of the palace in an unnamed
country where King Berenger the First has only the duration of the play to
live.*

"The imagination itself is original, bizarre, powerful. The most moving of
all Ionesco's plays and, if only from the width of its sympathies. It is
incomparably his greatest work." - *The New York Times*

*"two of Ionesco’s most popular works"* -Andrea Simakis, PD

*CLICK **HERE <http://www.ensemble-theatre.com/theatrecle-chairs-king> TO *
*MEET **THE CAST AND CREW!    *
*ALL INDIVIDUAL SHOW TICKETS  ARE $15.  *
*YOU CAN ALSO PURCHASE A 2 FOR $20 Ticket which get you into both shows!  *
*(Please inform us which night or nights you would like to use your 2 for
2o.)  *

*TO PURCHASE TICKETS BY PHONE/EMAIL:*
*CALL:** 216-202-0938 <216-202-0938>*
*EMAIL: **tickets at ensemble-theatre.org <tickets at ensemble-theatre.org>*

*Please include via phone or email:  *
*Name, Phone#, Date of Performance, & the # & type of tickets.  *
*We will call or email to confirm your reservation!  *

*CLICK HERE <http://www.ensemble-theatre.com/theatrecle-chairs-king> TO
PURCHASE TICKETS ONLINE.  *

*We look forward to seeing you in our audience!*
--
*2013-2014 SEASON. *
*"ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE"*

*ANIMALS OUT OF PAPER*
by Rajiv Joseph
Directed by Celeste Cosentino
*September 27th through October 20th.*

*PRELUDE TO A KISS *
by Craig Lucas
Directed by Martin Friedman
*November 21st through December 15th*

*KNOCK ME A KISS *
By Charles Smith
Directed by Carolyn Jackson Smith
*January 31 through Febraury 23rd. *
Winner of 9 2011 AUDELCO awards.

*COLOMBI NEW PLAYS FESTIVAL*
This will be the month of March.  Specific Dates and shows TBA.

*BEYOND THE HORIZON*
by Eugene O'Neil
Directed by Celeste Cosentino
*April 18th through May 11th*
O'Neill's 1st Pulitzer Prize Winner-1920.

*We look forward to seeing you in our audience!*

*TICKETS, SUBSCRIPTIONS, & **INFORMATION *
*VISIT OUR WEBSITE:*
*www.ensemble-theatre.org <http://www.ensemble-theatre.org>*

*info at ensemble-theatre.org <info at ensemble-theatre.org>*
*tickets at ensemble-theatre.org <tickets at ensemble-theatre.org>*

*Box Office: 216.321.2930 (Tickets/Staff)Office: 216.202.0894
(Tours/Education/Staff)*