[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS - North Coast Men's Chorus forApril concert - VON TRAPPED!

bryan at richcole.net bryan at richcole.net
Mon Jan 6 10:53:15 PST 2014

 North Coast Men's Chorus
AUDITIONS

(OR VOICE PLACEMENTS IF THAT IS LESS INTIMIDATING!)

VON TRAPPED!

SUNDAY, JANUARY 12, 19 AND 26 AT 6:00

TRINITY EPISCOPAL CATHEDRAL

2230 EUCLID AVENUE, CLEVELAND, OH 44115

(USE PARKING LOT ENTRANCE OFF PROSPECT AVENUE)

The North Coast Men's Chorus is holding voice placements (aka auditions) for their April 26 & 27 concert - /VON TRAPPED/ on Sunday, January 12, 19 and 26. Walk-in auditions will be held from 6:00 - 7:00 and you should plan on staying for the entire rehearsal that will run until 9:30. /VON TRAPPED/ is a concert featuring all those brilliant songs from /The Sound of Music/, with more than a few twists! Join us as we sing through fabricated Austrian Alps with nuns, soldiers, seven precocious children, a goat herd, and even a baroness! You've seen the musical and the movie (and Carrie Underwood's version, too), but you've never seen anything like this! If you have considered singing with NCMC - or if you know someone - this would be the perfect concert to join us. Extra points if you yodel.

For more information on auditioning - call the NCMC hotline at 216-556-0590 or e-mail membership at ncmchorus.org

NCMC AUDITIONS

(OR VOICE PLACEMENTS IF THAT IS LESS INTIMIDATING!)

SUNDAY, JANUARY 12, 19 AND 26 AT 6:00

TRINITY EPISCOPAL CATHEDRAL

2230 EUCLID AVENUE, CLEVELAND, OH 44115

(USE PARKING LOT ENTRANCE OFF PROSPECT AVENUE)

What do you need to be a member of the North Coast Men's Chorus? It's really pretty simple. We are looking for men who have a passion for singing, some level of musicality, a good voice, movement skills (Do you know what jazz hands are?), openness, teamwork and a positive attitude, and a commitment to our mission of presenting high quality musical entertainment for diverse audiences; promoting a positive influence within and beyond the gay community; and providing a supportive environment for its members and participants. Whatever your skills, all we ask is that you embrace singing in all styles. And, you don't have to be gay, just an ally.

THE "AUDITION PROCESS"

So, what do you need to prepare for your audition? Nothing really. You'll meet with Rich Cole, Artistic Director, and he will have you sing some scales, match some pitches and determine what section of the chorus your voice is best suited for. It is a pretty painless process and you'll be on your way to performing on-stage with the Chorus!

REHEARSALS

We have rehearsals every Sunday evening from 7:00 - 9:30 at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, 2230 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44115. Singers are expected to arrive by 6:45 pm to greet their friends and settle in so rehearsal can begin on time. It is a beautiful space with secure parking and a very central location for our members traveling in from all areas of Northeast Ohio. (Did you know we have members coming from such exotic places as Canton, Akron, Mansfield, Vermilion, Wooster, and Painesville?!) Trinity is located between Prospect and Euclid at E. 22nd St. (parking entrance is off of Prospect), right across from CSU.

As we get closer to the concert, rehearsals will start a little earlier at 6:30. The Chorus also holds a "mini-retreat" on a Saturday during each concert preparation period. These are scheduled months in advance, and the dates can always be found on the Members' website calendar. Production Week rehearsals are also required, and attendance is expected at dress rehearsals and tech rehearsals. Additional rehearsals are required of the dancers, but they all say that extra time is more fun than work!

ATTENDANCE

Attendance is expected at all rehearsals. When absences are necessary, it is expected members will contact their Section Leader (in advance where possible) to report their absence.

MEMBERSHIP DUES AND OTHER EXPENSES

Membership dues are an important part of the Chorus budget. While we rely on membership dues to help pay our bills, we do not want to exclude talented, dedicated singers because of inability to pay dues. Please communicate with our Treasurer or Business Manager if finances are an issue. Payment plans are available and no one will be turned away because of inability to pay.

Members are responsible for acquiring their own basic black tuxedo, shirt, cummerbund and bow tie. Occasionally there might be an additional fee for a shirt or accessory rental.

TELL ME MORE!

So you think you are interested and you're asking yourself... "How can I get more information?"

Call the NCMC hotline at 216-556-0590 or e-mail us at membership at ncmchorus.org [1]

Links:
------
[1] mailto:membership at ncmchorus.org