[NEohioPAL] Theater Ninjas' Code: FREE Public Workshop Friday thru Sunday

Ryan Lucas rlucas at theaterninjas.com
Tue Jan 14 19:34:54 PST 2014

Theater Ninjas' Code: FREE Public Workshop Friday thru Sunday

– Explore Beauty, Logic, Math, Genius, and Computing with Theater Ninjas' Code –
Our upcoming original piece, Code, needs your help! Code is about the beauty in numbers, how humans talk to their computers and the struggles of computing genius Alan Turing. We want this to be a highly interactive experience: an inviting and inclusive world of technology and mathematics that you can explore largely at your own pace.

To accomplish this, we’re doing some beta testing. That's where you come in!

January 17-19, 6-7pm, we'll be holding three completely FREE workshops to explore some ideas about telling stories through games, puzzles, ciphers and other interactive artifacts. We invite you to come play along with us, have fun, and give your input. You can help us to shape this ambitious new project! And did we mention it would also be fun? Fun!

The workshop will be held in the Gund Dance Studio at the IDEA Center @Playhouse Square. For more information on getting there, please visit:
http://ideacenteratplayhousesquare.org/ic/pages/directions_and_parking/

Code is generously supported by Cuyahoga Arts & Culture, the Ohio Arts Council and The Cyrus Eaton Foundation.

ABOUT THEATER NINJAS
Theater Ninjas is the Food Truck of Cleveland Theater. We’re a nomadic company who seeks out new and exciting spaces to perform, whether that’s the Cleveland Museum of Art (where we did a three-month collaboration with The Excavation @ the CMA last year) or a repurposed recording studio at 78th Street Studios. Working in non-traditional venues gives us an opportunity to reimagine how and why we tell stories, and helps us to create deep, fascinating worlds for the audience to explore.

We’re always experimenting, always rethinking what theater can be: as entertainment, as art and as out-of-the-ordinary experiences.