[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS for A THOUSAND CRANES at TrueNorth

Brian McNally bmcnally at metroparks.cc
Wed Jan 29 14:58:58 PST 2014

TrueNorth Cultural Arts in partnership with Lorain County Metro Parks is pleased to announce:

A Thousand Cranes
by
Kathryn Schultz Miller

Directed by
Skip Corris

PERFORMANCES
March 7-16, 2014
Friday & Saturday @ 6:30pm
Saturday & Sunday @ 3pm

Sadako Saski, a vibrant, energetic twelve-year-old, is stricken with leukemia as a result of the bombing of Hiroshima ten years before. Resolved to regain her health, Sadako begins to fold a thousand cranes, but dies before she reaches her goal. Inspired by her determination, her friends not only complete the remaining cranes, but spread her message of hope with a statue of Sadako in Hiroshima Peace Park: "This is our cry, this is our prayer, peace in the world!"

OPEN-CALL AUDITIONS

Sunday, February 2nd
2pm-4pm
&
Monday, February 3rd
7pm-9pm

ROLES AVAILABLE (may be doubled)

Sadako Saski (female): twelve-year-old, energetic, vibrant, hopeful
Kenji (male): Sadako's fourteen-year-old friend
Father (middle-aged)
Mother (middle-aged)
Grandmother Oba Chan (older)
Actors #1 and #2 (male or female)

Actors should come prepared to read sides from the script, and with a list of conflicts between now and March 16th.

Questions can be directed to Skip Corris: ccorris at gmail.com with 'A Thousand Cranes' in the subject line.

TrueNorth Cultural Arts is located within the French Creek Nature & Arts Center
                                                                                          4530 Colorado Ave
                                                                                          Sheffield Village, OH 44054