[NEohioPAL] Call for Extras: Steampunk Sleeping Beauty still open!

Mandy Pond mandypond at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 20:35:48 PST 2014

*Call for Extras: Steampunk Sleeping Beauty*

Mandy Altimus Pond is completing her last fairytale in a series of 3.
These photographs will be featured in an exhibit at Translations Art
Gallery in downtown Canton, June 2014.

*Models:*

  * Steampunk costume is required. If you don't have a costume, never
    fear- Mandy has some extra pieces and is willing to help you pick
    out the proper attire. For reference and inspiration of the
    Steampunk look please see our Pinterest board.
    <http://www.pinterest.com/altimuspond/fairytales-sleeping-beauty/>

  *

    Suggestions for costumes and how to put together are below.

  * *

    Open to ALL AGES

    *

  * Models are unpaid, but there will be a chance for individual
    portraits to be taken during the photoshoot (time permitting), which
    may be downloaded later. For an example of this exchange, please see
    the individual shots taken at Cinderella's masquerade ball.

    <http://altimuspond.zenfolio.com/p118743969>
  * If you are interested, please email me at _mandypond at gmail.com_ with
    your name, email address, phone number, and if you have a costume.

*Time commitment:*

  * Sunday, February 23 from 1-3pm
  * The Arcade, 401 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44114.

To stay up to date on everything, follow me on Facebook!
<https://www.facebook.com/altimuspond> Or on my website _altimuspond.com
<http://www.altimuspond.com/>

_

*How to be a Steampunk Sleeping Beauty Extra*

  The basic steampunk look would be a white dress shirt covered by a
vest or corset, brown pants or skirt with some sort of boots.

Buckles, gears, corsets, goggles are all great additions to any
Steampunk piece

Here is an introductory video someone put together to show some DIY tips
for your costume.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2qLZOa2E0Y

Brown Boot options are easy to find. Goodwill and Salvation Army
typically have shoe and boot options for very low prices.

Or you can buy new:

Yoki Boots $50
<https://www.google.com/shopping/product/14228127228218339854?safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=qnY&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb&biw=1280&bih=852&output=search&q=Yoki+Womens+Sarah+Brown+Western/Riding+Boots&oq=Yoki+Womens+Sarah+Brown+Western/Ridin>

Glaze by Adi $22
<http://www.amazon.com/Adi-Slouchy-Accent-Buckles-Chestnut/dp/B00FBXURBI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1388944400&sr=8-4&keywords=glaze+by+adi+boots>

LEI Women's Riding Boots at Walmart $32
<http://www.walmart.com/ip/27420083?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=3&adid=22222222227021053502&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=34299892021&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=60789147061&veh=sem>

Brinley Co Women's Slouchy Boots at Walmart $22
<http://www.walmart.com/ip/17420628?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=3&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=41833582510&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=19880599990&veh=sem>

  For more inspiration and more complicated costumes, visit my pinterest