[NEohioPAL] KNOCK ME A KISS OPENING NIGHT!

Ensemble Theatre info at ensemble-theatre.org
Thu Jan 30 19:49:56 PST 2014

Ensemble Theatre continues its 34th Season...
*ENSEMBLE THEATRE PRESENTS:  *
*KNOCK ME A KISS*
*BY CHARLES SMITH*
*Directed by CAROLINE JACKSON SMITH*

*Knock Me a Kiss *is a fictional account inspired by the actual events
surrounding the 1928 marriage of W.E.B. Du Bois's daughter Yolande to one
of Harlem's great poets, Countee Cullen.  The marriage marked the height of
the Harlem Renaissance and was viewed as the perfect union of Negro talent
and beauty.
**Winner of  NINE 2011 AUDELCO Awards!*

*"In one blistering scene after another, **with dialogue that is
alternately highly poetic, down-and-dirty, eerily disturbing and fiercely
authoritarian, Smith exposes the lies and the blazing truths that animate
his characters."*
-*Chicago Sun Times*

*WITH AN ALL STAR CLEVELAND CAST:*
*Dyrell Barnett as Countee Cullen*
*Emily Terry as Yolande Du Bois*
*Kyle Carthens as Jimmy Luncefore*
*Tonya Broach as Lenora*
*Pamela Morton as Nina Du Bois*
*Edward Swan as W.E.B Du Bois*

*Production Team:*
Set Design by *Ron Newell *
Lighting Design by *Michael Beyer*
Assistant Lighting Designer:* Andrew Eckert*
Sound Design by *Ian Hinz*
Costume Design by *Meg Parish*
Dance Consultant/Choreographer: *Katie Nabors*
Production Stage Manager: * Sam Landgraf*
Assitant Stage Manager: *Becca Moseley*

*CLICK **HERE <http://www.ensemble-theatre.org/knock-me-a-kiss> TO **MEET **THE
CAST AND CREW!*

*KNOCK ME A KISS*
*JANUARY 31st through FEBRUARY 23rd. *
*Fridays & Saturdays @8pm.  **Sundays @ 2pm.*

Pre-show "*Harlem Jazz Receptions*" & *Open-Mic Poetry*!
*From 6:30-7:30, Fridays & Saturdays during the Run!    *
*For information on ARTIST LINE UP or to participate in an Open-Mic CLICK
HERE <http://www.ensemble-theatre.com/knock-me-a-kiss-special-events>.*
*Opening night band THE HELP
<http://www.reverbnation.com/thehelpisontheway> (Click Band Name for some
audio clips!) 6:30-7:30*
*Music before and after the show!  Chocolate covered **strawberries!  *

*Featured Poet **Lawrence Clinkscale III on Saturday from 6:30-7:30.  Open
Mic.  Come out poets!*
*Show us your stuff!  *

*Tickets to "KNOCK ME A KISS":*

> *$22*(Adults)
> *$20*(Seniors)
> *$12*(Students with Valid ID)
> Group rate of $15(Groups of 10 or more)

*PLEASE NOTE*: *THE FEBRUARY 23rd MATINEE IS  SOLD OUT.*

*SPECIAL OPENING WEEKEND TICKET DEALS!*
*OPENING WEEKEND BUY ONE GET ONE!  *
*STUDENT RUSH PAY WHAT YOU CAN! (show ID).*

*TO PURCHASE TICKETS:*
*CALL:** 216-321-2930 <216-321-2930>*
*EMAIL: **tickets at ensemble-theatre.org* <tickets at ensemble-theatre.org>

*Please include via phone or email:  *
*Name, Phone#, Date of Performance, & the # & type of tickets.  *
*We will call or email to confirm your reservation!  *

*CLICK HERE
<http://www.ensemble-theatre.com/box-office/animals-out-of-paper/prelude-to-a-kiss/knock-me-a-kiss>
PURCHASE TICKETS ONLINE.  *

*We look forward to seeing you in our audience!*
--
*2013-2014 SEASON. *
*"ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE"*

*ANIMALS OUT OF PAPER*
by Rajiv Joseph
Directed by Celeste Cosentino
*September 27th through October 20th.*

*PRELUDE TO A KISS *
by Craig Lucas
Directed by Martin Friedman
*November 21st through December 15th*

*KNOCK ME A KISS *
By Charles Smith
Directed by Carolyn Jackson Smith
*January 31 through Febraury 23rd. *
Winner of 9 2011 AUDELCO awards.

*COLOMBI NEW PLAYS FESTIVAL*
This will be the month of March.  Specific Dates and shows TBA.

*BEYOND THE HORIZON*
by Eugene O'Neil
Directed by Celeste Cosentino
*April 18th through May 11th*
O'Neill's 1st Pulitzer Prize Winner-1920.

*We look forward to seeing you in our audience!*

*TICKETS, SUBSCRIPTIONS, & **INFORMATION *
*VISIT OUR WEBSITE:*
*www.ensemble-theatre.org <http://www.ensemble-theatre.org>*

*info at ensemble-theatre.org <info at ensemble-theatre.org>*
*tickets at ensemble-theatre.org <tickets at ensemble-theatre.org>*

*Box Office: 216.321.2930 (Tickets/Staff)Office: 216.202.0894
(Tours/Education/Staff)*