[NEohioPAL] A favor of Critics, Actors, Producers, Crew, Musicians in Theatre, Film, and Commercial Production

Inda Blatch-Geib indabg at neo.rr.com
Thu Feb 6 05:44:23 PST 2014

You may think this is an odd post for this site, but I'm asking a favor...

No matter what role you play in the theatre, film, television, or commercial
arena, the written word and your ability to interpret or manipulate its
meaning is key to your success.  You are an artisan of story and practice
its craft daily.  Now, imagine a world where the written word is a scramble
on a page, a fight to discern..a dirty secret that you can't understand what
the letters add up to, so you hide it from everyone you know.  That is what
illiteracy means..it is a roadblock to success, a constant frustration, and
a cruel joke to millions of people living in our country..thousands which
make up a part of our communities.

So, I am asking that you take a few moments on Wednesday, February 12th to
be counted in your support of literacy by reading for 30 minutes over the
course of the day and registering your participation at
www.thiscityreads.org <http://www.thiscityreads.org/>  .

This City Reads, a collective of community members, businesses,
organizations, and schools, is celebrating a new decade of reading as it
prepares for its 11th Annual Day of Reading.

Over a decade ago we set a goal for 100,000 readers participating, and we've
come close..help make 2014 the year we hit the mark.  That mark isn't about
numbers, it's about words and the power they have over our lives.

Thanks in advance for your participation and good shoot & break a leg to
you!

Inda Blatch-Geib Designs

Costume & Production Design

This City Reads Partner