[NEohioPAL] Casting For Local Projects

1031 Films info at cinemacleveland.com
Mon Mar 3 17:53:04 PST 2014

Just received this email in response to an ad on NEOhioPal

Eric,
Stop being such a cheap ass! Do you get paid to do work? Then pay others Asshole!
- J.R.

J.R. Grieco
Cleveland's First Choice For Magic...
www.jrmagic.net

I would first like to thank Mr. Grieco for his professional correspondence. He certainly represents the NeohioPal community well, doesn't he?

I would also like to publicly respond to Mr. Grieco and say that we agree that actors should be paid for their work, when the project has a budget. As the producer of Made in Cleveland, our proudest accomplishment was not bringing a film to Cleveland starring two A-Listers such as Busy Philipps and Gillian Jacobs. But rather that we hired and paid more than 100 local actors SCALE, something almost no other local productions can claim. It is our goal, when producing films in Cleveland, to hire AND PAY as many local actors and crew members as possible. The project Mr. Grieco so professionally responded to was not for a film, but rather a local NEWS promo for which there is no budget. Normally a news promo with no budget would use people who worked at the station or their family members, but we wanted to reach out to the local acting community to offer some of these roles to you, much to the dismay of Mr. Grieco who clearly wishes us to stop offering these
 opportunities to you.

Eric Swinderman
1031 Films, LLC
www.madeinclevelandmovie.com