[NEohioPAL] INFORMED CONSENT at Cleveland Play House as part of New Ground Theatre Festival!

Amy Newton anewton at clevelandplayhouse.com
Fri Apr 25 14:28:44 PDT 2014

The New Ground Theatre Festival is finally here. Cleveland Play House has an incredibly exciting lineup for the Festival, including Informed Consent (April 23 - May 13) in the Second Stage at PlayhouseSquare. New Ground is CPH's annual showcase of new theatrical works where you'll find cutting-edge productions and play readings from nationally-recognized artists.

In Informed Consent, genetic anthropologist Jillian has devoted her life to finding a cure for early-onset Alzheimer's, the inherited disease that took her mother, and will soon overtake her and perhaps eventually her own daughter. When Jillian is brought on to conduct a study on diabetes in the isolated Havasupai tribe, she runs a series of unauthorized tests. Jillian's hopes to discover information that will aid her battle against Alzheimer's soon clashes with the tribe's beliefs. Based on a true story, Informed Consent takes us into the personal and national debate about science vs. belief and whether our DNA is our destiny.

For tickets and information on Informed Consent and the New Ground Theatre Festival at CPH, visit www.clevelandplayhouse.com<http://www.clevelandplayhouse.com> or call (216)-241-6000.