[NEohioPAL] "Twentieth Century" opens, plus Auditions and more - June News from CVLT

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri May 30 15:13:01 PDT 2014

Trouble viewing this email? See it on the web at
http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm <http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm>

  CHAGRIN VALLEY LITTLE THEATRE
  June 2014 News & Events

www.CVLT.org <http://www.CVLT.org> . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022

Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://www.Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre>
Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>

  * *Happening in June...*
      o *June 9 - July 25:* Summer Youth Theater
        <http://www.cvlt.org/youth/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=june2014>
        (Registration Now Open!)
      o *May 30 - June 21:* TWENTIETH CENTURY
        <http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/twentiethcentury.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=june2014>
        (Comedy)
  * *Open Auditions...*
      o *June 9 & 10:* Open auditions for THE EXIT INTERVIEW
        <http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=june2014>
        (Comedy)
  * *Coming in July...*
      o *July 18 - August 16:* A CHORUS LINE
        <http://cvlt.org/84thSeason/chorusline.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=june2014>
        (Musical)
      o *July 25 - August 9:* THE EXIT INTERVIEW
        <http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/exitinterview.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=june2014>
        (Comedy)

Please take our
brief survey!
<https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE1NM3NxdzNJRXBNRGVFSjNfOE84Q3c6MQ>

      *All aboard for summer entertainment at CVLT!*

CVLT's summer entertainment schedule leaves the platform with *TWENTIETH
CENTURY
<http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/twentiethcentury.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=june2014>*
this weekend! Our toes are also tapping toward the summer musical *A
CHORUS LINE
<http://cvlt.org/84thSeason/chorusline.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=june2014>*,
which opens next month. Auditions
<http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=june2014>
for the last show of the season, EXIT INTERVIEW
<http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=june2014>
at the River Street Playhouse, are on June 9 and 10.

CVLT wishes to offer many thanks to *Judy Tremain*, five-year President
of the CVLT Women's Committee, as she leaves her post and the Board of
Directors. Her her devotion and innovations brought to the Theatre
during her tenure were of great value to The Women's Committee, a prime
support group for CVLT for over 60 years. Long-time Committee member,
Dolores Bright, has been elected to fill Judy's positions.

We also wish to congratulate Box Office Manager and Improvisation course
instructor, *Tracy Cubbal*, who has successfully completed the Competent
Leader Program from Toastmasters International, a non-profit educational
organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through
a worldwide network of meeting locations.

In sadder news, the CVLT community affectionately remembers *Paula
Pike*, who was instrumental to CVLT on stage and off, appearing in many
CVLT productions between 1983 and 2013, including starring as 'Audrey'
in the Ohio premiere of /Little Shop of Horrors/ (1987) as well as
multiple /Murder By The Falls/ benefits. Paula passed away on May 15
after a lengthy illness. Her legacy is carried on by her son and
daughter, Andrew and Greta Rothman, who continue to perform on our
stages and serve our theater. Our thoughts are with Paula's family and
many friends.

Lastly, CVLT will be hosting the*"Best of the Fest" for the Chagrin
Documentary Film Festival <http://chagrinfilmfest.org/>* on June 1, and
look for CVLT along with other Chagrin Falls arts organizations at the
Valley Art Center's *Art By The Falls*
<http://valleyartcenter.weebly.com/art-by-the-falls-june-7-and-8-2014.html>
on June 7 and 8 in Riverside Park, next to Chagrin Hardware and by the
Chagrin River.

Keep up with CVLT and see tons of photos and more on our Facebook
<http://facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre> page, and follow us on Twitter
<http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>!

See you soon,
/Your Friends at CVLT/

    */Twentieth Century
    <http://cvlt.org/84thSeason/twentiethcentury.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=june2014>/*

*by Ben Hecht & Charles Macarthur
Based on a play by Charles Bruce Milholland
Adapted by Ken Ludwig*

*May 30 - June 21, 2014
Friday & Saturday nights at 8:00 PM*

*Tickets: *$18 regular / $14 student/senior

*For information see www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/twentiethcentury.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/twentiethcentury.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=june2014>

or call 440-247-8955*

*Directed by BARBARA L. RHOADES*

*Starring*: Tim Walsh, Grace Mannarino, Stephen Kay, Lance King, Natalie
Dolezal, Jerry Schaber, Andrew Beah, James Harris, Keri Lambert, Doreen
Lazarus-Harris, Tom Hill, Cody Steele and John Bores.

In Ken Ludwig's hilarious adaptation of the classic Hecht/McArthur
comedy, a bankrupt, egomaniacal Broadway director boards the Twentieth
Century Limited train. There, he encounters a chorus girl whom he lifted
to stardom, and tries vainly to woo her back for love and money before
the train reaches New York!

    */A Chorus Line
    <http://cvlt.org/84thSeason/chorusline.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=june2014>/*

*Music by Marvin Hamlisch
Lyrics by Edward Kleban
Book by James Kirkwood*

*July 18 - August 16, 2014
Friday & Saturday nights at 8:00 PM
Sundays 7/27, 8/3, and 8/10 at 2 PM*

*Tickets: *$20 regular / $16 student/senior

*For information see www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/chorusline.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/84thSeason/chorusline.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=june2014>

or call 440-247-8955*

*Directed and Choreographed by PAMELA LaFORCE
Musical Direction by NICHOLAS WILDERS*

Marvin Hamlisch's landmark musical, with lyrics by Edward Kleban and
book by James Kirkwood, Jr. and Nicholas Dante, tells the stories of a
group of dancers auditioning for a show. "A Chorus Line" broke Broadway
records for decades and spawned several musical theater standards
including "One" and "What I Did For Love."

      *AUDITIONS: The Exit Interview*

*by William Missouri Downs*

*Directed by Barbara L. Rhoades*

*Audition Dates:
*Monday June 9th at 7:30pm
Tuesday June 10th at 7:30pm
To be held in CVLT's River Room, 40 River Street

*Show Dates: *
July 25th to August 9th 2014
Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00 PM
at CVLT's River Street Playhouse

*Roles & Preparation: *

/The Exit Interview/ by William Missouri Downs is a raucous and witty
dark comedy. The cast requires 3 or 4 men and 3 or 4 women between the
ages of 22 and 65 playing 26 different roles. No appointment is
necessary. We will be reading from the script.

www.CVLT.org/auditions
<http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=june2014>

      *CVLT's 85th Consecutive Season
      Coming Soon...*

Keep your eyes peeled for the announcement of Chagrin Valley Little
Theatre's 85th Consecutive Season, which begins with our annual /Murder
by the Falls/ event on September 5 & 6 2014!

      *Engraved Fundraiser Bricks*

Looking for a unique way to honor someone, commemorate an event, or
advertise your business? Our Brick Paver Fundraiser is still going
strong with plenty of prime spots available in front of 38 and 40 River
Street!

Visit www.CVLT.org/bricks
<http://www.CVLT.org/bricks/?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=june2014>
to place your tax-deductible order today.

*CVLT.org . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022*

Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://www.Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre>
|Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture. The Ohio Arts Council helps
fund our organization with state tax dollars to encourage economic
growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.

CVLT Monthly Email