[NEohioPAL] Press Release for My Son Pinocchio Jr

Jaclyn Phelps via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sun Jun 8 08:08:46 PDT 2014

Broadview Heights Spotlights’ Summer Youth Production:
Disney’s My Son Pinocchio Jr.

The Broadview Heights Spotlights Community Theater’s youth production of Disney’s My Son Pinocchio Jr will run June 19 –June 29, 2014.  Thursday, Friday, and Saturday performances are at 7:00PM; Sunday Matinees begin at 3:00PM.

Disney’s My Son Pinocchio Jr. is a light-hearted spin on the classic Pinocchio story. Once the Blue Fairy grants Geppetto his wish for a new son, the new father finds his parenting skills are a bit rough. This stage adaptation of the 2000 made-for-TV movie, Geppetto(starring Drew Carey and Julia Louis-Dreyfus) features the classic songs “When You Wish Upon a Star” and “I’ve Got No Strings,” along with a new score by Stephen Schwartz, composer of the hit Broadway musical, Wicked.

“The great thing about this show is that everyone knows the story of Pinocchio, but now we get to present it from Geppetto’s point of view.  This is really the story of a parent’s journey.  It’s the perfect show for families to enjoy together,” says Tim Anderson, Education Director for the Spotlights.  Anderson and Maggie Majercik, both residents of Broadview Heights, are co-directing this production, their fourth summer youth show collaboration.

The show features Charlie Jones as Geppetto, Lexi Frendak as The Blue Fairy, Nathan Weagraff as Pinocchio, and Dylan Grosh-Hoy as Strombolli.  The remaining cast, comprised of children age 7 to 16, includes Grace Auble, David Bowler, Delia Brennan, Kylee Brubaker, Gabby Dachtler, Genna Dachtler, Grace Dachtler, Maggie Devine, Adam Graber, Marissa Hickey, Rosie Landoll, Erica Liebold, Tyler Martin, Amanda Misiak, Alicia Pedraza, Emma Rosberil, Ian Stewart, and Ryan Stewart.

Tickets are $11 for adults and $10 for seniors and students.  Reservations may be made on-line at www.broadview-heights-spotlights.org or by calling 440-526-4404.

For more information, please contact Tim Anderson at education at broadview-heights-spotlights.org.