[NEohioPAL] Outdoor Rock Concert

Annette Phelps via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Jun 10 10:55:33 PDT 2014

BROADVIEW
HEIGHTS ANNOUNCES
“NIGHTS IN THE
HEIGHTS” 2014 CONCERT SERIES

Mark your calendars for the first
of the City of Broadview Heights’ summer concert series on Friday, June 13,
8PM. The band “Velvet Shake” will play 80s and
90s music, and other favorites. The sponsors include the City of Broadview
Heights, the Broadview Heights Community Foundation, and COMS Interactive (a
new business in town).  The next planned concert is Friday, July 25
featuring Jersey(A Bruce Springsteen cover band). A third concert is being planned for mid-August. All concerts
will take place rain or shine on the Broadview Center grounds (9543 Broadview
Road) in the pavilion near the football field.  There will be plenty of
free parking and also shelter in the event of rain. The concerts are free and
open to the public. Food and adult beverages will be available for purchase.
This concert
series, which kicked off last September, is the brainchild of neighbors Scott
Maitland and Kelly Clifford, who came up with the idea and are co-chairing the
committee.  “We were always looking for something to do on Friday evenings
without going too far,” said Scott Maitland.  “When we approached the
City, Mayor Alai loved the idea and felt it would be a great opportunity for
local business and organization involvement.”
Mayor Alai said, “This type
of event gives adults something to do after work – Broadview Heights’ own Party
in the Park.”