[NEohioPAL] LIVING NEWSPAPER PROJECT

Tessa Gaffney via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sun Jul 6 13:00:41 PDT 2014

America. A country that wastes almost as much as it consumes. A place where
a doughnut can't be sold the day after it's made but children can starve on
the streets and billionaires are neighbors with the homeless. Homophobia,
racism, and sexism run rampant and even white men are slaves to the dollar.
Corporations are people and money is speech. And those are just the things
we know about, because we know we're being lied but we're not sure how
much.

"The only way to deal with an unjust world is to become so absolutely free
your very existence is an act of rebellion." - Albert Camus, Nobel Prize
winning author, journalist, and philosopher.

If you have something to say, we want to hear it!

The most well-known art form that emerged from the Federal Theatre Project, a
program created to reemploy theatre workers during the Great Depression, was
THE LIVING NEWSPAPER, a series of plays ripped right out of the headlines
of the day intended to inform audiences and incite discussion about the
state of the country. EraAir Theatre Company is still accepting submissions
of performance pieces for Akron's* first* Living Newspaper!   We are
looking for plays, musical acts, skits, dances, poetry readings—whatever
you think exemplifies what it’s like to be alive right here, right now.

Please contact our Director of Theatrical Production at tmg343 at gmail.com if
you are interested in participating!

Tessa Gaffney
EraAir Theatre Company