[NEohioPAL] LAST WEEK TO SEE FREE THEATRE IN OBERLIN!

Jeremy Benjamin via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Jul 29 05:07:23 PDT 2014

OSTF has reached our final week! We close our season this Saturday, August
2.  Don't miss *The Secret Garden,* *As You Like It* and *Come Back, Little
Sheba* now performing in rotating rep!  All productions are open to the
public and geared toward the entire family, including school-aged children
- ages 6 to 96! To accommodate families with younger members, evening
performances begin at 7 PM. There are also 2 PM matinees on most
Wednesdays, Saturdays, giving out-of-town patrons the opportunity to see
two shows in the same day. To reserve tickets, please call (440) 775-8169 or
email ostf at oberlin.edu. For more information, including a complete schedule
of this season's rotating repertory and the festival in general, please
visit our website at www.oberlinsummertheaterfestival.com..

*As You Like It*: Escape to the Forest of Arden, a pastoral refuge where
romance, wit and gender-bending high jinx rule.  The plot of this much
beloved comedy follows our heroine, Rosalind, who flees from the corrupt
court to the country, disguised as a young man, to reunite with her
banished father. There she encounters, Orlando, whom she must teach the
true meaning of love before revealing her female identity. This
family-friendly adaptation will include wrestling, clowning and a live
band. It promises to be the bash of the summer!

*Come Back, Little Sheba* by William Inge, the second production of our
sixth season.  This powerful drama is a lovingly honest, sometimes
humorous, portrait of a middle-aged couple, Lola and Doc, and their
everyday struggle with past regrets, unfulfilled dreams and sobriety. Now
an American classic, it was the first Broadway hit by the Pulitzer Prize
winning author of Picnic, Bus Stop, and Splendor in the Grass.

*The Secret Garden.  *Based upon the 1910 children’s classic, this is the
story of the contrary young orphan, Mary Lennox, who is sent to live with
her Uncle Craven in the forbidding Misselthwaite Manor. There she finds a
secret garden where she and her sickly cousin Colin gradually discover the
healing power of Nature. This adaptation was originally commissioned and
performed by the renowned Children’s Theater Company of Minneapolis

--
Jeremy K Benjamin
Visiting Artist and Lecturer
jeremy.benjamin at oberlin.edu