[NEohioPAL] MY MOTHER'S LESBIAN JEWISH WICCAN WEDDING returns to Actors' Summit

Neil Thackaberry via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Aug 1 12:31:30 PDT 2014

*Actors’ Summit Presents*

*the return of*

*My Mother’s Lesbian *

*Jewish Wiccan Wedding*

*My Mother’s Lesbian Jewish Wiccan Wedding* is receiving a second run after
its regional premier during the winter of 2012 at Actors’ Summit, Akron’s
professional theater. The event is proudly presented as a part of the 9th
International Gay Games of which Actors’ Summit is an official Community
Partner. The production will have a preview performance on Thursday August
7th with the official opening the following night, Friday August 8th. The
musical comedy will run for two weekends, closing on Sunday August 17th at
Greystone Hall in downtown Akron.

*My Mother’s Lesbian Jewish Wiccan Wedding* is based on the true life
experiences of David Hein who co-authored the play with his wife, Irene
Carl Sankoff.

David’s mother Claire, after going through a messy divorce, takes a
teaching position at The University of Ottawa. Her son joins her to go to
high school and soon discovers that his mother, a professor of psychology,
has fallen in love with a therapist named Jane. Claire returns to her
Jewish faith, while Jane continues her practice of Wicca (witchcraft.)

The play also tells the story of Canada’s drive to approve same sex
marriage, becoming the 4th nation in the world to do so.

Put all those factors together and you come up with the title: *My Mother’s
Lesbian Jewish Wiccan Wedding.*

*The Critics*

“MY MOTHER’S LESBIAN JEWISH WICCAN WEDDING is a unique, delightful, tune
filled, charming, heartfelt exploration that takes a number of twists and
turns as it explores self revelation, relationships, and the politics of
marriage.  It’s been called “The most tuneful weapon you’ll ever find for
advancing marriage equality.”

“MY MOTHER’S LESBIAN JEWISH WICCAN WEDDING should be required viewing for
all the members of the U.S. Supreme Court.“  ROY BERKO

“I didn’t know what to expect with a title like “My Mother’s Lesbian Jewish
Wiccan Wedding.”

“What I discovered was a warm and wonderful true story based on the
experiences of David Hein, who co-authored the play with his wife, Irene
Carl Sankoff.

“Expertly directed by Neil Thackaberry, “Wedding” is a sweet, funny and
moving gender-bending musical about sexual and religious identity,
tolerance and a celebration of love. There’s not a weak link in the cast.´
FRAN HELLER, CLEVELAND JEWISH NEWS

“A tuneful, terrific show. I absolutely loved it. MMLJWW has a message
everyone can take home with them, no matter what religion, sexuality or
side of the spirit world you
favor.”
TORONTO STAR

“You are in for a treat. Between the funny and touching lyrics it is
extremely hard not to enjoy yourself — It has heart and soul, something
which is lacking in many productions these
days.”                                  BROADWAYWORLD .COM

“Very funny and timely! It would be great for everyone to see this.”

Jian Ghomeshi, CBC’s Q

“Heartwarming! Infectious! You can’t help but like this sweet show.”

THE GLOBE AND MAIL

*The Cast*

Much of the same company has been brought back for the show, while
incorporating three fresh faces to the line up. This gives the production a
balance of experience and new energy.

*Ticket Information *

Individual ticket prices are $33 for adults, $28 for seniors over 65, and
$10 for full time students with an ID. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
performances begin at  8:00 PM, and Sunday matinees start at 2:00 PM.

Tickets *can be purchased on our website, or by phone at (330) 374-7568.  *

*The Theater*

The theater is located on the sixth floor of historic Greystone Hall in
downtown Akron. The facility features barrier free access, free parking,
and full bar service.

*More information is available at Actors’ Summit website:
www.actorssummit.org <http://www.actorssummit.org>*