[NEohioPAL] Last chance for BW Theatre Class for grades 4 through 10

Carol Thompson via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Sep 16 11:59:02 PDT 2014

Does your child LIVE for Theatre!  Do they sing and dance around the house and act out their favorite shows for you?  Have you heard the songs from Frozen more times than you care to count?  We have the perfect class for your theatrical child!
Triple Threat Music Theatre Program!
Registration closes Wednesday, September 17th so please register today.
Director and Acting Instructor:  Lisa Ortenzi
Movement Instructor:  Carli Taylor Miluk
Voice Instructor: Joel McDaniel

Triple Threat Music Theatre Program
Saturday Programming
Grades 4 - 10
The Conservatory Outreach department offers a Saturday morning program for middle and early high school students interested in improving their music theatre skills.  Join us and experience the exciting world of music theatre!  The Triple Threat Music Theatre  program focuses on singing, acting, and movement  for the music theatre stage so that students can improve their performance skills. Students audition on the first day of class in order to be placed in the appropriate ensemble depending on skills level. Students will participate in one of two ensembles and receive two hours class rotations including  group voice classes,  music theatre dance/movement classes and acting classes. At the end of the semester each ensemble combines their new skills in presenting a final "Informance." We call it an "Informance" because the Triple Threat program is focused on building participants' skills and technique not just on a final performance.  We invite friends and family to attend the final "Informance" so that we can inform and share the skills and techniques we have built over the previous semester.  Come see what all the fun is about!
Training Ensemble - Saturdays, 9:00 - 11:00 am
A beginning to intermediate level ensemble that focuses on building a strong foundation in singing, movement and acting, each of the concentrations that make up a true triple threat performer. Students grow as singers, dancers and actors while building skills toward being a member of the BW Triple Threat Performing Ensemble.  The Training Ensemble performs in the "Informance" held at the end of each semester.

Performing Ensemble - Saturdays, 10:00 am - 12:00 noon
An intermediate to advanced level, audition-only ensemble made up of students with previous music theatre performing experience and/or previous participation in BW's Triple Threat  and/or Music Theatre Camp programs. Performing ensemble instruction enhances participants' skills in singing, dancing and acting with a focus on the integration of the three skill areas. The Performing Ensemble performs in the "Informance" held at the end of each semester.
Fall 2014 Schedule

Saturdays, beginning September 20th

Training Ensemble Rehearsals: 9:00 - 11:00 am
Performing Ensemble Rehearsals: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Basic Class Schedule:
§  Rotation 1: Acting
§  Rotation 2: Voice
§  Rotation 3: Dance/movement
§  Rotation 4: Combined groups
Students are required to bring their own sheet music to the first session in order to be placed into groups that are both age and skill appropriate.
Location: Kleist Center for Art and Drama, Room 115
                95 E. Bagley Rd
Cost: $200 for 10 classes, a $15 materials plus a $15 registration fee.
Online Ensemble Registration
Click here to register and pay for your ensemble.<https://app.arts-people.com/index.php?class=bdwun>  The link will take you to a login page for BW's Conservatory Outreach registration & Arts Events ticketing system.
§  If you have ordered tickets online for BW ticketed arts events in the past, please use the same login.
§  If this is your first time using the software, please create a new account using the name of the parent or adult student registering.
§  You will be able to add members of your family to your account in order to register them for classes and ensembles.
§  Note that the payment amount will reflect the cost of the ensemble, the $15 registration fee and materials fee (if applicable).

This system improves our registration process allowing you to register and pay for your ensemble in one step!   If you have any questions or trouble registering, please contact the Conservatory Outreach department at 440-826-2365 or conreach at bw.edu<mailto:conreach at bw.edu>.