[NEohioPAL] Attention HS Drama Departments and Theater Loving Teens and Their Parents!

Margaret Reardon via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Oct 8 15:56:09 PDT 2014

A special invitation to the next Cleveland Play House Script Club at the Beachwood Library!

                                          How We Got On  by Idris Goodwin

                                               Tuesday October 14 at 7pm

Cleveland Play House’s Script Club is everything you love about a book club - but with a play in the spotlight! First, check out a copy of the script from one of our partner libraries and read it at home. Then join CPH Artistic Staff at the library for a free-flowing exploration of the story and characters, with inside insight on how CPH artists take a play from page to stage!

The script we’ll be reading next is How We Got On. Set in 1988, it’s a joyous, inventive and universal coming-of-age story about three teens in a Midwest suburb each trying to find their voice and reach their dreams, through the poetry and power of hip-hop.
                                                      Watch the Trailer

Our Script Club events are always appropriate for audiences as young as high school, but we think that an inter generational group would make this event especially memorable for everyone involved. It would also be a great activity for parents and teens to share.

                           Beachwood Library is located at 25501 Shaker Blvd.
                    Please register at http://www.cuyahogalibrary.org/ or call 216-831-6868.