[NEohioPAL] Mamai Theatre Company Seeing Usher Volunteers

Swanson, Cody via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Oct 13 12:23:58 PDT 2014

Mamai Theatre Company seeks volunteers to usher for the final production of
their 2014 season

*WOMAN AND SCARECROW*

By Marina Carr
Directed by Pandora Robertson

        With:

Derdriu Ring*
 Bernadette Clemens*
 James Lally
 Mary Jane Nottage

       *Actor appears courtesy of Actors’ Equity Association

Mamaí Theatre Company closes its critically-acclaimed second season with
the regional premiere of Irish playwright Marina Carr's WOMAN AND SCARECROW.

In a play critics describe as “brilliant” and “imaginative,” a dying woman
is visited by a figure called ‘Scarecrow,’ an enigmatic character that
might be her alter ego, or a morphine-induced hallucination, or the very
thing keeping death at bay.  This Irish journey of magical realism,
mythology, and transformation features Co-Founders Bernadette Clemens and
Derdriu Ring.

Director Pandora Robertson says *Woman and Scarecrow* inspires her. "It
gets at the humanity and heart of what can make us great: our vitality,
grit, and sheer will power to hang on and value life despite its hardships
and disappointments. We are able to find gratitude, forgiveness and love
for each other and ourselves no matter how ridiculous and tragically flawed
we are. Even in the jaws of death, Woman and Scarecrow eek out the poetry
and humor from every last bittersweet moment. They never stop trying to get
their story right. As Woman says, 'Now that’s what I call a passion for
living'.”

The performance dates and times are as follows:

Thursday, October 30th @ 7:30pm

Friday, October 31st @ 7:30pm

Saturday, November 1st @ 7:30pm

Sunday, November 2nd @ 2:30pm

Thursday, November 6th @ 7:30pm

Friday, November 7th @ 7:30pm

Saturday, November 8th @ 7:30pm

Sunday, November 9th @ 2:30pm

Thursday, November 13th @ 7:30pm

Friday, November 14th @ 7:30pm

Saturday, November 15th @ 7:30pm

Sunday, November 16th @ 2:30pm

The location for all performances is:

Pilgrim Church at Lincoln Park, Historic Tremont

2592 West 14th Street

Cleveland, OH 44113

Ushers arrive an hour prior to curtain; enter through front gate of church.
Interested parties should email Production Manager Cody Swanson at
cswanson at uarts.edu with the date(s) of availability and will receive a
confirmation email with secured date and time.

Thank you!