[NEohioPAL] Greetings List - Beware of a scam that is going around...

Fred Sternfeld via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Nov 3 09:29:23 PST 2014

I got a call from a robotic automated voice message claiming to be the IRS
and that they were suiing me (What? I pay my taxes!! :-) ) and I had to
call right away. I googled the phone number that I was asked to call
(202-864-1341) to see if it was legit and got this link:
http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-202-864-1341

Obviously, I did not call the number back because it was fraudulent. I let
my accountant and kids know. My accountant told me he got the same call
this morning! So this seems pretty widespread.

Just wanted to make you aware...

--
Fred Sternfeld
http://www.fredsternfeld.com