[NEohioPAL] Calling all NE Ohio bands!

Megan Thompson via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Dec 10 07:51:52 PST 2014

The best party on the planet is back! On Saturday, April 11, 2015, from 8 pm to 1 am, Great Lakes Science Center enters into outer space as it hosts Cleveland's official Yuri's Night Space Party. The Great Lakes Science  Center wants YOU! We are looking for local bands to play on our outdoor deck for Yuri's Night 2015. Our goal is to use our outdoor deck party to promote new, local musicians. With 1,000+ attendees and several months of publicity, including an ad campaign with Cleveland's Scene Magazine, Yuri's Night provides local artists with a lot of exposure. To be considered for our outdoor deck party experience, please submit a video link (or few) of your band to thompsonm at glsc.org<mailto:thompsonm at glsc.org>.

More about Yuri's Night:

Yuri's Night parties and events are held around the world every April in commemoration of April 12, 1961, the day of cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin's first manned space flight, and April 12, 1981, the inaugural launch of NASA's Space Shuttle.

"As home of the NASA Glenn Visitor Center, we're the perfect location to be Cleveland's official Yuri's Night Space Party. And in fact, our newly renovated Visitor Center is a huge part of the Yuri's Night experience," said Dante Centuori, director of creative productions at Great Lakes Science Center. "This celebration of human space flight is a unique way for us to open our doors to the 21-and-over crowd who may not be familiar with space exploration or the Science Center, and show them the best of what we have offer, including explosive science demonstrations, special NASA astronaut appearances and a chance to play on our signature science exhibits with a cocktail in hand."

The event includes:
*         Live music
*         Dancing all night long
*         Beer and wine - Sam Adams beer, Angry Orchard cider, Barefoot wines and light hors d'oeuvres included in ticket price while supplies last; cash bar for cocktails and special treats
*         Outdoor deck party experience (weather permitting)
*         Costume contest - wear your best space-themed attire
*         Explore the NASA Glenn Visitor Center
*         Catch our Big Science Show, cool science demos and our signature midnight balloon drop
*         Special appearances by astronauts
*         Discounted parking in our attached garage
*         AND MORE!

About Great Lakes Science Center
Great Lakes Science Center is one of the nation's leading science and technology centers and home to Northeast Ohio's NASA Glenn Visitor Center. Its mission is to make Science, Technology, Engineering and Math come alive. It features hundreds of hands-on exhibits, themed traveling exhibits, daily demonstrations, the awe-inspiring Cleveland Clinic OMNIMAX(r) Theater and the Steamship William G. Mather. The Science Center is open daily 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Discounted parking is available for guests in the attached 500-car garage. Great Lakes Science Center is generously funded by the citizens of Cuyahoga County through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture. For more information, contact the Science Center at 216-694-2000 or visit www.GreatScience.com<http://www.greatscience.com/>.

Megan Thompson
Special Events Coordinator
Great Lakes Science Center
Phone: 216-696-5528