[NEohioPAL] Free Elder Theatre: "The Lyons, " at Coach House Theatre, Akron

Nancy Cates via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Thu Feb 12 10:19:22 PST 2015

Coach House Theatre

presents the third show in our

2014-15 Elder Theatre Series

Readers' Theatre presentations of plays showcasing the wisdom, talents,

concerns and triumph of theatre's "silver stars."

The Lyons*

by Nicky Silver

Tuesday, February 17, 7:00 pm

Free to the public!

Readers' Theatre Play, with coffee, cookies and post-show discussion

Read by:  Tom Stephan, Jo McGarvey, Scott K. Davis,

Lisa Marie Howard, Brian Westerly, and Katie Zarecki

Directed by Nancy Cates

*Strong Adult Language

"Black-comedy perfection." -Hollywood Reporter.

"As (a) comedy about death, THE LYONS isn't trying to make a case for
freshness or formal innovation, it's simply trying tell a funny, furious
little tale

of family annihilation with honesty, savagery, and humanity, a story about
how we all, ultimately, pick out our own urns. It succeeds marvelously." -NY
Magazine.

"Smart and funny and moving." -NY Observer.

Reservations required, as seating is limited. (330) 434-7741

Coach House Theatre

732 W. Exchange St., Akron, OH 44302

Coach House's Elder Theatre Series is sponsored by a grant from the Akron
Community Foundation.