[NEohioPAL] Act-It UP! Community Theater - Audition Date Added! Mystery Dinner Theater 2015

Shari Schneider via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Feb 24 09:34:51 PST 2015

Due to inclement weather, here's another opportunity to audition for this years' Mystery Dinner Theater production!

Act-It UP! Community Theater announces auditions for the 2015 Mystery Dinner Theater

"The Case of the Almost Fairy Tale"
Written and Directed by Shari Lynn Schneider

Act-It UP! Community Theater celebrates five years and this is our 5th Mystery Dinner Theater Production.

LOCATION:
Pilgrim United Church of  Christ
130 Broad Blvd.
Cuyahoga Falls, OH  44221

DATES/TIMES:
Auditions:  February 28, 2015;  11:00 a.m. To 1:00 p.m.

Read-Through & Orientation:   Wednesday, March 11, 2015 – 6:30 to 8:30pm

Performance Dates:  Friday, May 1st @ 7pm & Sunday, May 3rd @ 5pm

The rehearsal schedule will be on Wednesdays & Saturdays (check rehearsal calendar for times) with the first rehearsal on Wednesday, March 11th, 2015 @ 6:30pm.

OTHER INFORMATION:
The roles available include 6 women and 6 men.
Please bring your calendar with you to the auditions so that potential conflicts can be noted.
There is no prior preparation required.  Auditions will consist of cold reads from the script.

Questions may be submitted to the Director via email at act.it.up.theater at gmail.com.

About the Story:  Detective Smythe returns to lead the dinner guests on another adventurous investigation! He is joined by Ms. Periwinkle, his newly appointed Executive Assistant and it's her first time choosing the case.  Ms. Periwinkle believes in happy-ever after endings but just what type of fairy tale is an “almost” fairy tale?  Detective Smythe and Ms. Periwinkle are delighted to share with you the facts surrounding this cold case; facts that should lead you to solve the mystery!  Taking place in New York City (May, 1945 V-E Day) a  time when the world is changing fast, the story begs us to question what it means to stand up for justice and against wrongs committed.

About the production:
The Mystery Dinner Theater production is a fundraiser for Pilgrim United Church of Christ.  Ticket sales support both the theater program and special projects.  Pilgrim Church is the oldest active church building in Summit County, located near the historical Riverfront in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. All roles and production crew are voluntary.

"I have finally reached the wonderful point in my life where I know exactly who I am and I continue to grow, without fear, each and every day.  I think that comes from putting faith first."

~Shari Lynn Schneider
Christian/Wife/Mother/Independent AVON Business Owner/Actress/Playwright/Director and so much more!