[NEohioPAL] FOR Immediate Release: BRFB Conductor Search

via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Jun 1 18:08:13 PDT 2015

Conductor Search For Blazing River Freedom Band (Cleveland area)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 1, 2015

Title: Conductor Search For Blazing River Freedom Band

Cleveland, Ohio, June 1, 2015-- The Blazing River Freedom Band (BRFB) Board
of Directors formally announces its search for a new Artistic Director of
Blazing River Freedom Freedom Band. The organization's former Artistic
Director, Brandyn Metzko, resigned earlier this year to pursue other
projects and opportunities. Mr. Metzko was a founding member of BRFB which
first began in 2004.

Blazing River Freedom Band is a Cleveland-based LGBTQ community band that
welcomes musicians of all skill levels as well as sexual orientations and
gender identities. During the summer BRFB marches annually in the Cleveland
Pride Parade and plays as a guest pep band with organizations like Burning
River Roller Derby and Leather vs Drag Volleyball. From the fall to spring
the concert band begins rehearsals to perform a myriad of concert pieces at
Pilgrim United Church of Christ. As a member organization of LGBA (Lesbian
and Gay Band Association), Blazing River's volunteer musicians have
travelled to other cities with LGBA member bands to provide support through
musical performance as a part of a larger national LGBTQ band movement.

"LGBA ensembles like BRFB are unique in the role they serve in many
communities. BRFB's new director will have the exciting opportunity to
increase musical fine arts within a thriving LGBTQ community here in
Greater Cleveland," states LGBA Board Member Tim Yanok. BRFB Board Member
Jill Bacon adds, "The new Artistic Director will have the chance to work
with fun people and strengthen the LGBTQ community through volunteer
musical leadership."

If you would like more information about BRFB's conductor search simply

Karl Kimpo
Blazing River Freedom Band
Board President

--