[NEohioPAL] Project: Music Ensemble seeks Video Designer for live performances

via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sun Jul 19 17:38:40 PDT 2015

Cleveland-based vocalist/composer seeks to partner with video designer to develop one-of-a-kind performance experiences for small venue audiences.  Experience with or willingness to self-teach technology/automation will be needed; some lighting and/or costume design a plus.

The music incorporates world percussion and psychedelia with odd-meter grooves and strong melodic frameworks, usually carried by affected vocalizations.  A stylistic preference for experimentation, mystery and exotica is in common with precedents, Dead Can Dance and Peter Gabriel.  Demos can be sampled at https://soundcloud.com/ococe/sets/thin-palace-demos

While I have a few fundamental ideas to share as a starting point, I envision partnering with a designer on an ongoing basis, collaborating to forge the overall creative direction of the project.

If the music sounds interesting to you, please contact me to discuss at brianlynnbacon at gmail.com.  I have thoughtful, realistic goals and expectations.  When I say I am looking for a partner, I am aware that talented people need some evidence of revenue return and that not everyone is willing to endlessly rehearse prog rock in a garage for free beer.

Regards, Brian Bacon