[NEohioPAL] Community Outreach performances of Little Women and Oklahoma!

Beatrice Katz via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Thu Jul 23 19:42:19 PDT 2015

*SUPPORT YOUR COMMUNITY WITH A DONATION *

*AT HBTI'S LITTLE WOMEN AND OKLAHOMA!*

*AND GET THREE TICKETS FOR THE PRICE OF TWO*

* Bring a book donation - Friday, July 24th performance of “Little Women” *

*Bring a food donation - Friday, August 7th performance of “Oklahoma!” *

Hathaway Brown Theatre Institute (HBTI) is offering a special promotion for
their upcoming productions of *Little Women and Oklahoma!* at Hathaway
Brown School in Shaker Heights, Ohio.

“The shows in this year's summer season have a common theme: the power of
community,” said HBTI Director Bebe Weinberg Katz.  “To celebrate that,
when you buy two tickets, you will receive a third ticket free at the door
with your donation of books in good condition, to benefit the West Side
Catholic Center at the Friday, July 24 performance of *Little Women*.

The same promotion format will apply to HBTI's next show, *Oklahoma!*:  buy
two tickets and bring in a donation of canned or boxed goods  (such as
soup, stew and cereal) to benefit the Greater Cleveland Food Bank at the
Friday, August 7th performance of *Oklahoma! *  You will then receive a
third ticket free at the door.

“We had a wonderful response to our first drive for *Rent* and wish to
continue our support,” added Ms. Katz.  “So help those less fortunate
members of your community, support the incredible young talent in the area,
and have an exciting evening of musical theatre entertainment in the
process.”

*About our Little Women partner*:  Since 1977, the West Side Catholic
Center has offered hot meals, hospitality, clothing and household goods,
emergency services, advocacy, a women and children's shelter, and a housing
solutions program to those in need at no charge, regardless of religious
affiliation. The West Side Catholic Center was established in 1977 by
several area churches that saw a critical need within the community due to
extreme poverty. They are a unique, private, not-for-profit agency with
Catholic roots, independent of the Catholic Diocese and Catholic
Charities.  You can find out more about WSCC at http://www.wsccenter.org/

*About our Oklahoma! partner*:  The Greater Cleveland Food Bank is the
largest hunger relief organization in Northeast Ohio having provided 45
million meals in 2014 to hungry people in Cuyahoga, Ashtabula, Geauga,
Lake, Ashland and Richland counties. Our mission is to ensure that everyone
in our communities has the nutritious food they need every day.  The six
most needed food donations are canned stew, soups, tuna, canned vegetables,
peanut butter and cereal.  Find out more at:
http://www.greaterclevelandfoodbank.org/

Remaining performances for *Little Women* are Friday July 24 at 7:30 p.m.,
Saturday, July 25 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, July 26 at 2:00 p.m.

Performances for *Oklahoma! *are Friday and Saturday, July 31 and August 1
at 7:30 p.m., Sunday, August 2 at 2:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday, August 7
and 8 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, August 9 at 2:00 p.m..

Tickets for both shows are $11-15 and can be purchased online at
www.hb.edu/tickets, by calling 216-932-4214 x7270, or at the door the day
of the performance.  The third ticket will be awarded at the door upon
donation of items.  Performances are at 7:30 pm at Hathaway Brown School,
19600 North Park Blvd., Shaker Heights, Ohio 44122.

For more information, v*isit HBTI's online box office at *
*www.hb.edu/ticket* <http://www.hb.edu/ticket>*  or *contact  Bebe
Weinberg, Director of Hathaway Brown Theatre Institute at bkatz at hb.edu