[NEohioPAL] Dobama Theatre Looking For Ushers For 2015-16 Season

JD Tell via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Aug 11 13:46:48 PDT 2015

 Dobama Theatre Usher Orientation - Thursday, September 3rd - 6 pmDobama Theatre will be holding its Usher Orientation for their 2015-16 Season at 6 pm at the Main Branch of the Cleveland Heights - University Heights Public Library, 2345 Lee Road, Cleveland Heights, OH 44118 in Meeting Rooms A & B on Thursday, September 3rd at 6 pm.The orientation will last approximately 30 to 45 minutes. A light dinner will be provided following the orientation.The Preview performance of our season opener, "Or," by Liz Duffy Adams will take place that evening at 7:30 pm.Attendees may stay for the Preview performance for free (and bring a guest) as long as they sign up to usher for a future performance of "Or," during its run."Or," runs Thursdays through Sundays until October 4, 2015.Dobama ushers are responsible for running concessions and coat check, distributing programs, greeting and seating patrons, assisting with box office and being the front line goodwill ambassadors for the theatre. Ushers are needed not only for our main stage season, but also for our Playwrights' GYM readings, library events held at the theatre and rentals events with Interplay Jewish Theatre, among others.The Preview Performance of each main stage show is an Usher Appreciation Night, with free tickets issued to ushers who sign up in advance to assist with a performance during the run of that show.  A reception with food and drink is always offered on that evening.Ushers can earn additional gifts, certificates and coupons by helping with additional duties on nights when we hold Audience Engagement events.If you are interested in attending the Usher Orientation, please RSVP to boxoffice at dobama.org.