[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS: Assistant Stage Manager/Stage Manager

Dr. Scott E. Brosius via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Nov 17 12:37:49 PST 2015

AUDITIONS: Assistant Stage Manager/Stage Manager

An experienced assistant stage manager/stage manager needed for multiple
unpaid film shoots.

*About me...*

Over the past 4 years I have competed in the 48 hour film project 6 times
winning 4 awards, and 6 nominations. I have made a feature length and
several other short films.  A lot of my films are more comedic than
dramatic, think Southpark meets Monty Python with an occasional hint of
John Carpenter or the Coen Brothers.

*What I’m looking for…*

To say I’m looking for a stage manager feels like a lie since I am a film
maker.  But I do want someone who has been at least an assistant stage
manager in theater for two main reasons:

1.) I work with theater actors primarily

2.) I need someone with experience managing them

Currently the only problem I really am facing in production is keeping
actors informed, rehearsing their lines, and having them prepared for the
next scene.  The title I would call this person on my set and in the
credits would be Assistant Director, but more importantly I would call this
person my right hand.

As for your current experience, I don’t expect much. I want someone
personable, positive attitude is a must, organized, and a deep interest to
make LOTS of films.

In some ways I am looking for a new best friend.

*About the auditions...*

So ideally I would like a recent run down on positions you have worked in
relation to theater (or a resume), and your general availability for film
making (weekends, evenings, etc). Then perhaps we could schedule a time to
have chat over the phone just to see how we can interact, preferably I
would like you to see some of my films (listed below) before we talk on the
phone.  First this helps me to identify those who like the style of my
films and second it gives us something to talk about.  If we both feel
there is chemistry then I would schedule an in-person meetup somewhere
local to us.  Ideally, I would like to work with someone who lives in the
Cleveland area, preferably on the west side because I would like to try to
meetup monthly in order to build a close working relationship.

                *My films…*

So if all of this hasn’t scared you off or your interest is peaked on what
kind of films I am making, please check me out on youtube.

http://youtube.com/sebrosius