[NEohioPAL] Theatre Auditions for The Bicentennial Project at Kent State University at Stark

WILLIAMS, CYNTHIA via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Nov 20 09:57:49 PST 2015

Kent State University at Stark Theatre announces auditions for The Bicentennial Project

Kent State University at Stark Theatre has announced open auditions for the second theatrical production of the season, The Bicentennial Project, an original historical play written by Arwen Mitchell and directed by Kent State Stark Assistant Professor of Theatre and Theatre Director Brian Newberg. Auditions are open to everyone, including students and community persons. We encourage diversity in our casting.

Take an authentic walk into 200 years of life in Stark County as portrayed through the powerful lens of the media. In collaboration with The Canton Repository, this tapestry style play (involving a wide range of scenes) is the narrative of our community. Experience living excerpts of history that reveal where we came from, how we got here and where we are going.

Auditions will be held on November 30 and December 1 at 6 p.m. in the theatre of the Fine Arts Building, 6000 Frank Avenue NW in Jackson Township.

Roles for this production are flexible. Male and female actors of various ages (not children) will be required to play multiple characters. The director may choose sides (selected scene excerpts) for people to work on, as well as doing warmups and improvisation work with those auditioning. Those auditioning may perform a prepared monologue, if they wish. For more information, visit www.kent.edu/stark/theatre-auditions<http://www.kent.edu/stark/theatre-auditions>. The production will be performed on February 26-28 and March 4-6 in the Kent State Stark Theatre. Rehearsals will commence shortly after casting, followed by a holiday break and will resume on January 4, taking place five evenings a week until opening.

Scripts, or portions of the new play script, are available for perusal for periods up to 24 hours from the secretary (330-244-5151) of the Fine Arts Building, Monday through Friday, during business hours (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.). Kent State Stark's campus buildings will be closed on November 26 and 27 for the holiday. Audition appointments are recommended, but not required. Scripts will also be available in the reserve area of the Stark Campus Library. Visit www.kent.edu/stark/theatre<http://www.kent.edu/stark/theatre> to learn more about Stark Campus' Theatre Department.