[NEohioPAL] Auditions: an "outside the box" Musical in Strongsville

Ted L via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sun Jan 3 05:33:20 PST 2016

Auditions: Clue, the Musical

Strongsville Community Theatre is excited to be producing an “outside the box” version of "Clue, the Musical" in Strongsville Old Town Hall, which is the perfect setting (a historic building that perfectly matches the time period/atmosphere).

We intend to go cleverly minimalist in terms of scenery, etc. -- the hall is enough!  We are having fun paring everything down to bare bones in the most daft and creative of ways, and then adding games and interactivity and making this a full and fun evening!

We are planning a cabaret/murder mystery atmosphere, with tables and adult beverages, plus trivia games and other entertainment surrounding the main event.  Pure fun!

Mark Your Calendars!  Auditions will be at Old Town Hall, 18825 Royalton Rd., Strongsville, Ohio on Sunday, January 17, (2-5 PM)  and Monday, January 18, (7-9 PM)  with callbacks Wednesday, January 21, (7-9 PM).  Be prepared to read from the script, and please bring 32(ish) bars of music from the Broadway canon -- an accompanist will be available.

Rehearsals are scheduled on Monday through Thursday, (7- 10PM) starting Monday, February 16.

Show dates are 4/22, 23, 24, 29, 30 and 5/1  Friday and Saturday 8PM, Matinees at 2PM Sunday.

Michael Columbro will be directing, Kristen Johnson will be the music director, and Ted Larsen will assistant direct.  See you there!