[NEohioPAL] Clybourne Park opens at Weathervane this Weekend

Todd Dieringer via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sun Jan 10 11:24:18 PST 2016

The other side of the story to last year's critically acclaimed "A Raisin in the Sun" and the story after the move.

A comic drama by Bruce Norris
Directed by Jimmie Woody

Winner of the 2011 Pulitzer Prize for Drama and the 2012 Tony Award for Best Play, Clybourne Park examines the "life" of one house over a 50-year span. In Act I, community leaders anxiously try to stop a black family from moving into a house in an all-white neighborhood. In Act II, set 50 years later, we encounter the same house in the present day, as the now predominantly African American neighborhood battles to hold its ground in the face of gentrification. With a nod to Weathervane Playhouse's recent production of A Raisin in the Sun, the celebrated Clybourne Park can be viewed as a kind of "sequel" to Lorraine Hansberry's classic play: The house at the center of Clybourne Park is the same one that the Younger family has just purchased at the end of A Raisin in the Sun.

Audience advisory: The play contains adult language and frank discussions of race and class. It is best enjoyed by audiences ages 13 and older.

Performances
Thursday through Friday at 7:30 pm (Jan. 14 - 30)
Sundays at 2:30 pm (Jan. 17, 24, 31)

Tickets
$22 for adults (ages 18 and older)
$20 for seniors (ages 65 and older) on Thursdays and Sundays only
$11 for college students (with current I.D.)

Visit WeathervanePlayhouse.com for more details and to order tickets.
Call the box office at 330-836-2626