[NEohioPAL] Youth Theatre Classes!

Lauren Berry via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Jan 26 09:47:35 PST 2016

Olmsted Performing Arts is now enrolling for the spring semester running
February 8th through June 11th!

With a wide variety of classes offered for students ages 4-18, our amazing
staff offers quality training in a fun environment. Check out our website
olmstedperformingarts.com and take a look at our class offerings below! We
can help find the right fit for your young star!

Broadway Bootcamp-This class will study various broadway musicals, focusing
on different styles and techniques. At the beginning of each chapter the
class will simulate the broadway audition experience and learn vocals,
choreography and scenes from each selected musical. This class is for the
aspiring triple threat!

Intro to Stage (Ages 4-6)This class, devoted to our youngest actors,
encourages children to explore their creativity through make-believe play.
Children will use their imagination to gain confidence in improvisation,
character development, and stage presence. Learning through theatre games
and acting exercises, as well as performing a small script, is a wonderful
way to introduce young children to the world of acting.

Musical Theatre Youth/Teen-Students will learn how to combine acting with
vocal ability and basic stage movements. Good character physicality while
singing will be developed. Focus will be on acting and singing, as the
group learns a fun, ensemble number.

Theatre A-P (Audition to Performance!)-This step by step approach will take
the students through all components of being an actor. This class covers
everything from how to audition, create a character, and even costuming!

Improv-Learn the art of Improv! Students will create compelling characters
and interesting storylines through the use of improvisational exercises.
Through collaboratively working with scene partners the students will
explore their creativity and feel comfortable making big and interesting
choices when they create characters for performance!

Playwriting-In this course you learn how to transform your ideas, thoughts,
dreams, and feelings into a theatrical event: a 10-minute play that will
take the audience on a journey. Working with writing prompts and multiple
creative writing exercises, you will create compelling characters in
conflict and share your writing in a supportive workshop setting.

Contact Lauren.Berry at olmstedperformingarts.com with any questions, we are
happy to help find the perfect class for your young star!

*-- *
Lauren Berry
Director of Theatre Education
Olmsted Performing Arts