[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS: Lend Me a Tenor

James Charpie via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Dec 7 20:01:16 PST 2016

East Cleveland Theater (ECT) is hosting auditions for “Lend Me a Tenor”,
written by Ken Ludwig.  We are seeking 4 men and 4 women for this show.

*Synopsis:*

When a world class tenor comes to Cleveland, lives, loves, and
relationships are turned upside down, resulting in a comedy farce that no
one should miss.

*The Roles:*

*Henry Saunders*: The Cleveland Grand Opera's general manager. Father to
Maggie. A blowhard who often loses his temper at the slightest mishap.

*Max*: Saunders' long-suffering assistant, who is forced to take Tito's
place in the role of Othello.

*Maggie Saunders*: Saunders' daughter, and Max's girlfriend. She has a
great admiration for Tito.

*Tito Merelli*: The world's most renowned opera tenor, and notorious ladies
man.

*Maria*: Tito's long-suffering wife, with an "Italian temper". Leaves Tito
early in the play, but ultimately returns to him. Loves Tito, despite his
philandering.

*Diana*: The opera's ingenue soprano, who is "flinging her way" to the top.
A seductive woman (and she knows it).

*Julia*: Chairwoman of the Cleveland Opera Guild, who considers herself a
"grande dame." She wears a silver dress which, Saunders says, makes her
look "like the Chrysler Building."

*The Bellhop*: A comic relief character who has an ongoing feud with
Saunders. An obnoxious opera fan, the Bellhop keeps showing up at the hotel
suite at the wrong moment, trying to get an autograph and a photo of Tito
Merelli. Saunders ends up chasing the Bellhop around the hotel suite, and
trying to strangle him.

*Director: Megan Thompson*

Megan Thompson is Executive Director of Great Lakes Light Opera, and has
directed and performed in numerous shows.

*Audition Dates:*

Saturday, December 10, 2016, from 1 to 4pm.  Please call 330-416-1311
<%28330%29%20416-1311> to schedule a time.  These auditions are by
appointment only.  If you cannot make Saturday, please call anyway … we
would like to know when you are available for an audition.

*Show Dates:*

Opening: Friday, May 05, 2017

Closing: Sunday, May 21, 2017

Shows on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, 9 shows total

Friday and Saturday shows start at 8pm

Sunday shows start at 3pm

*Rehearsals:*

ECT typically has a six week rehearsal period.  For this show that would
mean rehearsals would typically begin the end of March, but that is not set
in stone.  Exact dates have not been discussed, and depend on the schedules
of the cast and crew.  If you are concerned, please show up at auditions
and tell us your limitations.

East Cleveland Theater is a community theater celebrating its 48th Season.  Our
actors, like most of our personnel, are unpaid volunteers.  We hope you
will join us as we entertain and challenge our audiences.  If you have
questions, please call James Charpie at 330-416-1311 <%28330%29%20416-1311>,
or email me at jcharpie at eastclevelandtheater.org.

East Cleveland Theater

14108 Euclid Avenue

East Cleveland, OH 44112