[NEohioPAL] Ohio City Theatre Project Incendiaries Show & Free Theater Workshop at Cleveland Public Library

Pandora Robertson via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Jan 20 10:41:07 PST 2017

Ohio City Theatre Project and Cleveland Public Library present an abridged
FREE performance of *Incendiaries* on Feb 4 at 11:00 am at the Martin
Luther King, Jr. Branch, 1962 Stokes Blvd. The performance will introduce
the first of 4 FREE theater workshops for actors and non-actors, which will
continue on consecutive Saturdays at the MLK branch.

*Basic info:*

Performance/Talk Back: 2/4, 2017 @ 11 am

Workshop: Saturdays 2/4, 2/11, 2/18, 2/25 (11 am - 1 pm)

Location: Cleveland Public Library Martin Luther King, Jr Branch 1962
Stokes Blvd., Cleveland, OH 44106

Workshops open to teens and adults age 14+

Register for workshop online
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-incendiaries-project-tickets-30704313428>:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-incendiaries-project-tickets-30704313428

*FREE ADMISSION*

*Workshop Description:*

The workshop introduces theater creation techniques for actors and
non-actors, with the goal of creating space for participants to explore and
share their own response to the historic record of the 1966 Hough Uprising.

*Instructor Team:*

Ashley Aquilla, India Burton (both from the cast of *OBJECTIVELY/REASONABLE:
A Community Response to the Shooting of Tamir Rice, 11/22/14*) and activist
Mario Pollard join OCTP Co-Director Pandora Robertson as workshop leaders.

*About Incendiaries:* The world premiere of *Incendiaries* was co-produced
by Raymond Bobgan for Cleveland Public Theatre with Ohio City Theatre
Project. *Incendiaries* was conceived and directed by Pandora Robertson.

*Incendiaries* Cast: Wesley Allen, Ashley Aquilla, Max Glenn, Laprise
Johnson, Taylor Tucker and Stephanie Wilbert.

Talk back facilitator: Carmen Lane.

Creative production: Pandora Robertson (Director), Rob Peck (Lighting
Designer), Ian Petroni (Set Design), Inda Blatch-Geib (Costume Designer),
JamekaTerri  Dent (Stage Manager) and Lauren Garson (Line Producer).

*About Workshop Leaders: *

*Ashley Aquilla’s* recent acting credits include OCTP's *Incendiaries*, and
Playwright's Local's *OBJECTIVELY/REASONABLE: A Community Response to the
Shooting of Tamir Rice, 11/22/14*. Upcoming projects include Cleveland
Public Theatre's *Barbecue* by Robert O'Hara. Ashley says, "I care about my
people and my goal is to pour every drop of my resources into my
community."

*India Burton's* recent acting credits include Playwright's Local's
*OBJECTIVELY/REASONABLE:
A Community Response to the Shooting of Tamir Rice, 11/22/14* and Dobama
Theatre's *An Octaroon*. India's goal is to inspire workshop participants
to shape their own story. "I want to be the muse to inspire change;
injustice is my deplorable stimulant."

*Mario Pollard* is a community activist raised in Hough with deep family
ties to the neighborhood. He is an advocate of the self-determination
inherent in claiming and telling one's own story and is invested in helping
others do the same.

*About Creator/Director/Workshop Leader Pandora Robertson:* Pandora is Co-
Director at Ohio City Theatre Project (OCTP) where she co-produced *Code
Breakers* for *Broken Codes* with Theater Ninjas and produced, directed and
created *Free Radical and The Night Sketchbook*. Other recent credits
include Mamai Theatre’s production of *Woman and Scarecrow* (director)
(Cleveland Critic Circle Award “Superior Achievement” for direction and
play), and Theater Ninjas’ *[sic]* (director). She was a Joan Yellen
Horvitz 2011–2012 Director Fellow at Cleveland Public Theatre. CPT credits
include *Incendiaries* (director, creator) and *13 Most American Dreams*
(director, creator). Pandora was a 2016 Community Partnership for Arts and
Culture Creative Workforce Fellow. She says, "I am inspired by theater's
potential to convene citizens and empower them to confront challenging
contemporary issues within the parameters of an artistic arena."