[NEohioPAL] A Conversation with Playwright Eric Coble!!

Aaron Collier via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Jan 30 12:06:10 PST 2017

Hey all!
If you like, have heard of, or enjoy Eric Coble as a person or an award-winning playwright (recipient of the 2007 Cleveland Arts Prize) .....make sure to listen and share this new episode of Authentic Audio featuring our conversation (starts 15:15).
Listen at www.authenticaudiopodcast.com
Eric's plays have been staged in Cleveland, throughout the Midwest, on Broadway and across the entire country. His wide ranging writing style has earned him respect in the American Theatre. His 2014 play "Velocity of Autumn" made a long journey to Broadway and veteran actor Estelle Parson's performance in the play was nominated for a Tony Award that year.

​This episode begins with a story about the concept of safety, security, geography and how those facets of my life have been at odds with each other as far back as I can remember. Then, Eric and I dive into a conversation about his work, life growing up in the remote New Mexican desert and the personal & creative decisions he's made on his journey as a playwright.
Former "Jersey Boy" and Broadway actor Daniel Robert Sullivan has this to say about the episode:
"I highly recommend this podcast from my friend Aaron Calafato & Authentic Audio. It's a discussion with playwright Eric Coble with commentary on writers who work in vastly different styles. When something is successful, should we continue to write in that same style? Or can we break outside of it with something totally different? This debate fascinated me!"
Eric is not only an artistic gem for Cleveland and the Midwest. He is a gem for the American Theatre.

This episode is brought to you by The City Club of Cleveland
All the best!
The Authentic Audio Team