[NEohioPAL] 2017 Asian-Pop Dance Competition- Cash Prize! at Cleveland Asian Festival
Yin Tang via NEohioPAL
neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Feb 6 13:17:38 PST 2017
Now accepting submissions for the 2017 Asian-Pop Dance Competition at the
Cleveland Asian Festival!
*Requirements for the 2017 Cleveland Asian Festival’s Asian-Pop Dance
1. -Your dance crew must be between 2-12 people.
2. -You must use a mix of songs in your routine, a minimum of 2 but do
not surpass 6 songs.
3. -Each submission must be between 4-6 minutes in length.
4. -Please limit your music selection to the following genres: Bollywood
(India), C-Pop (China), J-Pop (Japan), K-Pop (South Korea), and Nepali Hip
5. You may cover dances or choreograph your own routine.
6. -All songs must be found in at least one database of the following
music licensing companies or their affiliates: ASCAP, BMI, SESAC.
7. -At least one member or representative must be 18 years of age and a
legal resident of the United States.
8. -If selected as a finalist, you must be available on May 20th, 2017
for a live performance/competition of your video compilation. If you do not
appear, your position will be offered to the runner up(s). A complete W9
form will be required to claim monetary prizes.
9. -Costume choices must be appropriate for a family friendly audience.
*How to submit for the 2017 Cleveland Asian Festival’s Asian-Pop Dance
1. -Record a video of your routine and upload it to youtube.com. Please
refrain from excessive video editing; we would like to see the performance
as if it were live. Make sure the video is set to private and email the
direct link to yintang at clevelandasianfestival.org. By submitting the
video, you agree that only the Cleveland Asian Festival will be allowed to
share this video until May 21st, 2017.
2. -Along with your link, please submit the names of each participant,
the titles of the songs used and the following methods of contact: primary
cell phone, primary email, mailing address. All submissions must be sent to
yintang at clevelandasianfestival.org in a single email.
3. -Each member must download and complete the release form
All signed released forms must be submitted to
yintang at clevelandasianfestival.org before 11:59PM EST April 7th, 2017 IN
A SINGLE EMAIL. You may also upload to dropbox, or google drive and share
documents- in a single email.
4. -Submissions will be open from February 1st, 2017 until 11:59PM EST
of April 7th, 2017. Only videos submitted during this time will be
*Judging and voting process*
1. -Top 8 videos (semi-finalists) will be selected by the Cleveland
Asian Festival Executive Committee and shared May 1st, 2017 on the
Cleveland Asian Festival’s facebook page and website. Viewers will be able
to vote for their favorite cover routines until May 12th, 2017.
2. -On May 13th, 2017 top three videos with highest votes, plus one CAF
choice will be announced and invited to compete live on May 20th, 2017.
3. If you are one of the four finalist groups, you must submit your
music in MP3 format to yintang at clevelandasianfestival.orgby 11:59PM EST
May 17th, 2017 or risk disqualification.
4. -All live judging will be based on the following criteria: 1. Dance
technique 2. Diversity in mash-up 3. Stage Presence 4. Live audience
5. -Winners will receive cash prizes: 1st-$2,000; 2nd-$1000; 3rd-$500;
Only one check will be made to each group.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NEohioPAL