[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS: Come and play outside with Cleveland Shakespeare Festival this summer!

Cleveland Shakespeare Festival via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sun Apr 16 07:19:01 PDT 2017

Twenty years ago, we started with a simple notion – the Bard belongs to the
people, and the people deserve to hear his works in the open air as
intended and free of charge.  This summer, we celebrate our 20th birthday
by producing the same works we did in that inaugural season – *The Taming
of the Shrew* and *Macbeth.*

We are seeking a company of intelligent, energetic and imaginative actors
of all races and ethnicities for two productions that will tour a variety
of outdoor venues across Cuyahoga and Lake Counties.

*Afternoon Auditions: Sunday, April 23 from 1pm – 4pmEvening Auditions:
Monday, April 24 from 7:30pm – 10pm*

Auditions will be held at:
Ensemble Theatre
2843 Washington Blvd.
Cleveland Hts. OH 44118

Callbacks will be held Wednesday, April 26

*The Taming of the Shrew* – adapted and directed by Lisa Ortenzi
*Performance Dates June 16 – July 2*
Rehearsals begin April 30

*Macbeth* – adapted and directed by Tyson Douglas Rand
*Performance Dates July 21 – August 6*,
Rehearsals begin in early June
No appointment necessary.  Artists will be seen in the order of sign in.
There are no AEA contracts available. No housing is provided.  All actors
and production staff are paid a stipend.  Actors may participate in either
or both productions.

Company members are invited to take part (at no charge) in a six-part
workshop on acting Shakespeare, with an emphasis on skills required for
performing outdoors.  This workshop will also be available to the general
public.

Prepare two contrasting monologues. Total delivery time of both monologues
combined should not exceed three minutes. At least one of your two
monologues must be from the works of Shakespeare.

For consideration, bring TWO COPIES of each - head shot & resume, and
please also bring *any & all possible* known conflicts between the dates of
May 1 & July 21 AND Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays through August 6.