[NEohioPAL] Group swing dance classes with Get Hep Swing start this Monday and Tuesday in Brecksville.

Valerie Salstrom via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sun Apr 16 20:46:32 PDT 2017

Is learning how to dance on your bucket list?  We can help you with that!  Our 5 week, group classes start this Monday, April 17th and Tuesday, April 18th at the Brecksville Center for the Arts at 8997 Highland Drive.

Monday nights we offer classes in Lindy which is the original form of swing dancing that started in the ballrooms of Harlem in the late 1920s/early 1930s.  You can see examples of this dance form in the moves Malcolm X, Swing Kids, Swingers, and A League of Their Own.

Tuesday nights we offer classes in the downstairs studio in Jitterbug.  Jitterbug is also known as East Coast Swing and is one of the most well known and easiest forms of swing dance.  Most people who are new to dance start with the Jitterbug.

Tuesday nights we offer classes upstairs in Balboa.  Balboa was created in the crowded ballroom conditions of 1930s Southern California and uses both a close embrace and open position connection.  Balboa is the swing dance version of Tango as it is known for it’s finesse and footwork.  This is a dancers dance and the feeling can be best described as partnered meditation.

All of these swing dance forms can be done to slow, medium, or fast tempos of a variety swing song genres.

Beginner classes are from 7-8
Intermediate classes are from 8-9

The entire 5 week series is $60 per person or $100 per couple.

No need to sign up with a partner as the teachers dance with the students and we rotate partners as well.*

Students may choose their level of cardio involvement during class.

For more information, please see www.GetHepSwing.com

*If you sign up with a partner and you would like to only dance with that partner that option is available as well.