[NEohioPAL] Casting for Low Budget Feature Film

DanWingOhio . via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Apr 17 21:14:44 PDT 2017

We are currently casting roles for our low budget feature film, ‘My Summer
In Ohio’.

PLOT: A recent college graduate named Samantha moves to a town near
Cleveland with the goal of returning a notebook to someone. Before she can,
her house is broken into and along with all of her money, the notebook
is stolen.
This puts her on a mission to find her stolen property and return the
notebook to its original owner.

Casting the following roles for credit only:

BOBBY
Male, age 18-21.
Close friend of Nate's. Calm and relaxed. Very willing to help Nate achieve
his summer goals.
(for credit only)

BEN
Male, age 18-21.
He is Bobby's younger brother and a close friend of Nate's. He is the Ohio
version of a surfer dude. Wears sunglasses all the time.
(for credit only)

POLICE OFFICER
Male or Female, age 35+
Serious police officer. All business. In charge of investigating the home
burglary that sets the story in motion.
(for credit only.)

HARRIET
Female. 60+
Grandmother of a main character. She offers advice while operating her yard
sale or while building a time machine from parts she bought off a website.
(for credit only.)

PROTESTING FATHER
Male, age 35-55
Spends his free time protesting the movie The Da Vinci Code with his
family. Will be filmed in approximately 4-5 hours.
(for credit only.)

MS. CALHOUN
Female. Age 40-60.
Mother to one of the main characters. She is still dealing with the death
of one of her sons. Minimal dialogue.
(for credit only)

GARBAGE PICKER
Male or Female, age 35+
Drives the streets in his/her pickup truck searching for aluminum to scrap.
Has a confrontation with the Samantha when she is caught collecting
aluminum. Wears camouflage and is covered in dirt.
No dialogue for this role. Will be filmed in approximately 4-5 hours.
(for credit only)

MULLET #1
Male, age 18+
The leader of a group of men with 80s style haircuts. Enemies of Samantha,
the main character. (In a perfect world, this actor would actually have a
mullet haircut. If not, a Wig would be provided)
(for credit only.)

FULLET #1
Female, age 35+
A caring mother with a 1980's style haircut. (the fullet is a female
version of the mullet) approx filming time is 1-3 hours.
(for credit only)

GARY
Male, age 18+
Works at a record store. Confronts a lead character and advises her to
leave the store immediately. Filming will take approximately 2-3 hours.
(for credit only)

Filming will take place in the Cleveland area throughout July and August
but not during the 9am-5pm monday-friday hours).

We will be holding auditions on Saturday April 29 and Wednesday May 3rd at
Parma Library. Please submit headshot, resume, and demo reel if you have
them to *MySummerInOhio at gmail.com* for consideration.

 We will contact you to set up a time. If you have previously auditioned
for this film, you do not need to re submit your information. We will still
consider you for these roles.