[NEohioPAL] Review of "brownsville song (b-side for tray) at Dobama Theatre

Bob Abelman via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sat Sep 2 10:08:16 PDT 2017

Dobama’s ‘brownsville song’ a poignant play about love and resilience

Bob Abelman

Cleveland Jewish News, The News Herald, The Morning Journal

Member, International Association of Theatre Critics

“There’s some / thing / Got a / a uh weight to it / Dig into my ribcage every breath I take every hour of the day / Drippin scratchin on my skin with its red saliva / Writin his name over and over / Those letters just burnin through to my bones / burning me with why / and he knew better / and didn’t I say to him.”

So begins playwright Kimber Lee’s lyrical, heartfelt and heart-wrenching tale about deep loss and senseless death, and Dobama Theatre’s remarkable telling of it.

For more of this article, go to www.clevelandjewishnews.com/columnists/.