[NEohioPAL] Ensemble Opens its 38th Consecutive Season: "We The People"

Ensemble Theatre via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Sep 19 07:07:32 PDT 2017

ENSEMBLE THEATRE OPENS ITS 2017-2018 MAINSTAGE SEASON

WE THE PEOPLE

with the CLEVELAND PREMIERE of:

WELL

by LISA KRON (Book & Lyrics for FUN HOME)

Directed by CELESTE COSENTINO.

"This play is not about my mother and me," begins the character of Lisa.
But, of course, it is about her mother, and her mother's extraordinary
ability to heal a changing neighborhood despite her inability to heal
herself. In this "solo show with people in it," Kron asks the provocative
question: "Do we create our own illness?" The answers she gets are much
more complicated than she bargained for as the play spins dangerously out
of control into riotously funny and unexpected territory.

“One of the most thought-provoking comedies in Broadway history!”
– Roma Torre, NY1 News

"Wise and funny and utterly winning! Truly a beautiful play."
– Michael Feingold, Village Voice

"Sly, good-natured and brutally deceptive, The revelations are both
graceful and awkward, subtle and obvious, elegant and confusing. Like life."
– Linda Winer, Newsday

September 29 – October 22
Fridays & Saturdays @8pm. Sundays @2pm.

Opening night reception (9/29) with Celeste’s chocolate covered strawberries
, food and drink!

Post show celebration @ *The Bottle House* in Cleveland Heights! Drink
specials for Ensemble Patrons!

Please Note: There will be NO PERFORMANCE on Saturday October 7th!
We will be adding a Monday Night performance on October 9th @7pm!

With a great CAST of CLEVELAND ACTORS:

Lara Mielcarek* as Lisa Kron

Laura Starnik as Ann Kron

April Needham as Ensemble A: Joy, Dottie, Herself

Maya Jones as Ensemble B: Lori Jones, Kay, Mrs. Price, Cynthia, Herself

Brian Kenneth Armour as Ensemble C: Jim Richardson, Nurse 2, Little Oscar,
Big Oscar, Himself

Craig Joseph as Ensemble D: Howard Norris, Head Nurse, Himself
*Denotes Member of Actors’ Equity Association

Tickets $12-$25. Senior, Student, & Group discounts.

-Special BOGO for opening weekend.

-Pay-What-You-Can performance Sunday October 1.

216.321.2930 | tickets at ensemble-theatre.org
www.ensembletheatrecle.org to purchase tickets online!

Executive Artistic Director: Celeste Cosentino
Associate Artistic Director: Tyler Whidden
Director: Celeste Cosentino
General Manager/Production Stage Manager: Becca Moseley
Set Design: Walter Boswell
Technical Director: Stephen Vasse-Hansell
Carpenter: August Scarpelli
Light Design: Bryanna Bauman
Costumes: Meg Parish
Box Office: Amy J. Strumbly & Kayla Davis.

We look forward to seeing you in our audience!

--
*Information*
info at ensemble-theatre.org
2843 Washington Blvd.  Cleveland Hts., OH 441118
216-321-2930/216-202-0938
*www.ensembletheatrecle.org <http://www.ensembletheatrecle.org>*