[NEohioPAL] Inlet's Summer Dance Intensive 18! Early Bird discounts!

Elizabeth Pollert elizabeth.pollert at inletdance.org
Tue Jan 16 08:17:14 PST 2018

Inlet Dance Theatre's Summer Dance Intensive 2018
June 27 – July 27, 2018

Beginning every June since 2001, Inlet Dance Theatre hosts a Summer Dance
Intensive program. This dance program for ages 12 and up, focuses on
creating a supportive community of dancers, exposing students to the
collaborative dance-making process and increasing technical and performance
skills, specifically in Pilobolus-based Nontraditional Partnering,
performance improvisation and Hawkins-based Modern. This program allows
students to experience being a part of a collaborative professional
contemporary dance company.

Inlet’s Summer Dance Intensive…Teaching Much More Than Dance.

Inlet’s annual Summer Dance Intensive (SDI) is the perhaps the best example
of the company’s mission of “using dance to further people”. Students of
various ages, races, skill sets and socio-economic backgrounds travel to
Cleveland from international & regional locations to learn about dance,
alongside local talent. The award-winning Inlet educational model is
renowned for instilling lessons in teamwork, trust, respect, empathy,
self-discipline, social interaction and self-confidence within students.
During the 4.5 week program, Inlet SDI students not only receive premier
training in dance technique and performance, but also discover a period of
personal growth and character development.

Curriculum
> Modern Technique (Erick Hawkins-based release technique)
> Pilobolus-based Nontraditional Partnering
> Performance Improvisation
> Collaborative Choreographic Process (the dance-making process that Inlet
employs)

Program culminates in performances at Cain Park Evans Amphitheater
(Cleveland Heights, OH), where students will premiere an ensemble piece, an
all-male or all-female piece, as well as performing a live improvisation
alongside the company.

Summer Dance Intensive 2018
June 27 – July 27, 2018
2018 Tuition:

Full Program (4.5 weeks) – $1250
June 27-July 27, 2018
Includes over 157 hours of dance instruction, multiple performance
opportunities, costuming, and an Inlet shirt

Half Program (2.5 weeks) – $550
June 27- July 13, 2018
Includes over 87 hours of dance instruction, an informal performance
opportunity, and an Inlet Shirt

Last Minute Registration – Full ($1300) or Half ($600)
Register and/or complete payment after June 13th

*Space is limited – secure your spot now with a $100 deposit by May 1,
2018.*

Early Bird Discounts
Super Early Bird: $75 OFF Full Program or $50 OFF Half Program
Register before Dec 31, 2017 and complete payment by Feb 1, 2018.
Early Bird: $50 OFF Full Program or $25 OFF Half Program
Register before Feb 1, 2018 and complete payment by May 1, 2018.

Limited Partial Scholarships available! All scholarships are based on
talent and financial need. Students interested in scholarships are required
to apply for the scholarship and attend an audition. Contact the office for
more info.

SDI Faculty
Faculty for the Summer Dance Intensive is comprised of the professional
dancers and instructors of Inlet Dance Theatre, including Founder and
Executive/Artistic Director Bill Wade. To learn more about the Company,
click here.

Schedule (Mon-Fri, 9:00am - 4:00pm)
Students will be divided into groups based on age and technical ability.
*Sample Day*
9-10:30am: Technique Class
10:30am-12pm New Work Rehearsal
12-12:45pm: Lunch Break
1-2pm: New Work Rehearsal
2-3pm: Improvisation
3-4pm: Nontraditional Partnering

For more info, visit http://www.inletdance.org/summer-dance-intensive
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.inletdance.org%2Fsummer-dance-intensive&h=ATN2aKxgZL6lXbB0Y2T3NDIitDIPjKv2Nbdbp5ptkC5EJkVezyS8tbfvvOmrHqWeBNeGW5KxCxSWja8lh5EVees0BiE4i_vWlKrBUwV4pdjwPgPL9hGMZL__rfCgwpADSi2EHfFkTRcVaJCK4c1GOmY2y_2nfqIVXH-C4ndfdDYwgXIeCD5sQT8>

Or if you're ready to DANCE, head directly to our online registration form:
https://form.jotform.co/73313571981863
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fform.jotform.co%2F73313571981863&h=ATM33sqn0zx_InV5ctwbSNhKiR4W3-e9rzaV3E595hU0jqZmjA9oT5EMmSAk4Vqk-UI7YD7Yx3IkOI8orJq5SgAygYkB_RCUSzlO8Jxyht8Uwpen31NPqK-RTF0UL5myP6c3e4hS_am6vgEWc_xCm1iNBlyrT5BkRBpg97QGwSLzY8l1vk-LxQY>

Elizabeth Pollert
Inflow Education Coordinator/Company Member
Inlet Dance Theatre
c/o The Music Settlement
11125 Magnolia Dr.
Cleveland, OH 44106