[NEohioPAL] Let us Entertain You! GYPSY Opens Friday January 19th at 7:30p -- Geauga Lyric Theater Guild in Chardon

Geauga Lyric Theater Guild operations operations at geaugatheater.org
Tue Jan 16 08:42:44 PST 2018

*Gypsy* is the story of the ultimate stage mom, (based on the memoirs of
Gypsy Rose Lee and her years in vaudeville with a domineering stage
mother). Rose is determined that her daughters, first June, then Louise
will be a STAR with capital letters. *Gypsy* is widely acknowledged to be
one of the greatest of all American musicals, combining Stephen Sondheim's
thoughtful (but still hilarious) lyrics with Jule Styne's wonderful,
tuneful music, and Arthur Laurents' rich book.

*Gypsy* will open Friday January 19, and run through February. Director
Mark Cipra is excited. “We have a dream cast. The role of Mama Rose is
sometimes called "the King Lear of musical theater" because it requires
both great acting ability and a tremendous singing voice. We're very, very
lucky to have Trinidad Snider playing the role, because she has the chops,
in spades.”

Rose, Trinidad Snider, is new to Geauga Theater. Playing her daughter
Louise, who becomes Gypsy Rose Lee, is her actual daughter, Kirstin Henry.
Kirstin was seen on our stage this season in *In The Heights*.

Funny and touching*, Gypsy* is really the story of family drama; a mother
wanting the best for her girls, and not always seeing that her goals are
not necessarily theirs. *Everything’s Coming Up Roses* and *Let Me
Entertain You*, are just two of the classic numbers in this show full of
talent, on a rich stage setting. You’ve never seen Geauga Theater like
this. Don’t miss it!

*Geauga Theater is located at 101 Water Street, on the beautiful Chardon
Square. Tickets are available at the website, www.geaugatheater.org
<http://www.geaugatheater.org/>, or at the box office, 440-286-2255
<(440)%20286-2255>. *

*Gypsy will run from January 19 to February 4, 7:30pm on Fridays and
Saturdays, with a 2pm matinee on Sundays. Tickets range from $10-$18. *

--

Erika Hansen
Executive Director

​