[NEohioPAL] Press Release: Lakeland's Merrily We Roll Along

Martin Friedman martinfriedman98 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 04:16:17 PST 2018

*Lakeland Civic Theatre*

*Lakeland Community College*

7700 Clocktower Drive, Kirtland, Ohio 44094

 *PRESS RELEASE: Immediately*

*CONTACT: Dr. Martin Friedman, **216-233-5441* <216-233-5441>

*RELEASE DATE: January 1, 2018*

*Lakeland Theatre presents
                                                  Stephen Sondheim and
George Furth’s                            Merrily We Roll Along*

Lakeland’s 2017-18 season concludes with the passionate and
oft-misunderstood musical by Stephen Sondheim and George Furth *Merrily We
Roll Along *which opens on *February 2, 2018 *and runs for three weeks at
Lakeland Community College’s Rodehorst Performing Arts Center. *Merrily.
Merrily *isdirected by Martin Friedman and under the Musical Direction of
by Jordan Cooper.

*Merrily We Roll Along, *was first produced in 1981, and is based on a 1934
play by George S. Kaufman and Moss Hart. The musical (with a book by George
Furth) was first produced in November of 1981, where it ran for 16
performances. Not very successful eh? It tells of the disintegration of the
friendship of successful songwriter Franklin Shepard, his lyricist and best
friend Charlie Kringas, and novelist Mary Flynn. The action moves backward
through time, from 1976 to 1957.

This is one of Stephen Sondheim’s most accessible and difficult scores. It
is most certainly about friendship and its importance in the lives of three
people.  This is one great play.

Merrily We Roll Along features sets by Austin Kilpatrick, lights by Adam
Ditzel, sound by Eric Simna, choreography by Jennifer Justice and costumes
by Ohio Shakespeare designer Kelsey Tomlinson. This production promises a
terrific cast featuring Eric Fancher, Neeley Gevaart and Amiee
Collier.  Concluding
his eighteenth season at Lakeland Civic Theatre, director Martin Friedman
also continues his examination of the works of Stephen Sondheim.

Call 440-525-7526 for ticket reservations and information about group
discounts. For production information please email Martin Friedman at
martinfriedman98 at gmail.com and you can order tickets on-line at
www.lakelandcc.edu/arts <http://www.lakelandcc.edu>.

*Merrily We Roll Along*: *February 2, 3,  8, 9, 15, 16  @ 7:30pm  and 4, 10
and 17 @ 2:00 pm. *