[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS: Exit the Body, by Fred Carmichael

James Charpie jmcharpie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 12:14:45 PST 2018

East Cleveland Theater is hosting auditions for “Exit the Body”, by Fred
Carmichael.

*Director: Christopher Bizub*

*Synopsis:*

A mystery writer rents a New England house that is the rendezvous point for
some jewel thieves. The focal point of the set is the closet which opens
into a living room and a library. A body found in the closet promptly
disappears only to be succeeded by another. The hunt for the jewels reaches
a climax at two A.M. when four couples unknown to each other turn up to
search. Not since the days of Mack Sennett has there been such an hilarious
series of entrances and exits.

*The Roles:*

*Crane Hammond**: *Female, 30s to 50s

A successful mystery writer, she is bright, gay, witty and an altogether
likeable person.

*Kate Bixley**: *Female, 30s to 50s

Crane Hammond's secretary, she has an irrepressible sense of humor that
often borders on the sarcastic, but she doesn't really mean it.

*Helen O’Toole**: *Female, 30s to 40s

A very efficient real estate saleswoman, perhaps a trifle too folksy and
straight-laced, but she means well.

*Lillian Seymour**: *Female, 30s to 50s

A top-flight fashion designer.

*Jenny**: *Female, 20s to 30s

Young country girl, rather loud, but the epitome of innocence.

*Lyle Rogers**: *Male, 30s to 50s

Attractive trophy husband of Lillian Seymour.

*Vernon Cookley**: *Male, 30s to 60s

A middle-aged New Englander, who has never traveled more than ten miles
outside his hometown, emotionless and leery of everyone and everything.

*Randolph**: *Male, 20s to 30s

An inept small time crook, and proud of it.

*Philip Smith**: *Male, 30s to 50s

A nice, honest-looking guy with amnesia.

*Richard Hammond**: *Male, 30s to 60s

Crane's husband, average businessman type.

*Audition Dates:*

Sunday, February 11, from 7 to 10pm.

Thursday, February 15, from 7 to 10pm.

Callbacks on Saturday, February 17, from 3 to 6pm (by invitation only).

All roles are open. All ethnicities considered, and the stated age ranges
can be somewhat flexible. Auditioners should be prepared to read from the
script.

*Show Dates:*

Shows on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, 9 shows total

Opening: Friday, May 04, 2018

Closing: Sunday, May 20, 2018

Friday and Saturday shows start at 8pm

Sunday shows start at 3pm

*Rehearsals:*

Rehearsals will begin the end of March 2018. Exact dates have not been
determined. We typically have rehearsals Sundays thru Thursdays (5 days /
week), but again that is not yet set in stone. If you are concerned about
dates and timeframes, please show up at auditions and tell us your
limitations.

East Cleveland Theater is a community theater celebrating its 49th Season.  Our
actors, like most of our personnel, are unpaid volunteers.  We hope you
will join us as we entertain and challenge our audiences.  If you have
questions, please call James Charpie at 330-416-1311 <(330)%20416-1311>, or
email me at jcharpie at eastclevelandtheater.org.

East Cleveland Theater

14108 Euclid Avenue

East Cleveland, OH 44112