[NEohioPAL] Workshop Players Seeking Directors for 2019-2020 Season

Workshop Players wspamherst at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 20:03:57 PST 2018

February 28, 2018

Dear Directors,

Workshop Players Theater in Amherst, OH is the longest running
theater-in-the-round in the state of Ohio.  Founded by Valerie Jenkins
Gerstenberger in 1948 we are currently celebrating our 70th season.
Imagine that!  The faces have changed.  The facility has been updated, but
the plays go on!  We are excited to invite you to be part of it all by
submitting to direct in our 2019-2020 season, which will be our 72nd.

We have a potential list of plays to choose from, but your choices
definitely need not be limited to these.  We are particularly interested in
plays with *NAME RECOGNITION.*   Please note, that even though there are on
our list, we have not worked through HOW to produce them in our unique
space.  As always, that is the director’s job, so we leave the mechanics of
it all to you.  Whatever plays you do choose ask yourself if they could
successfully be performed in the round?  Would they work with our limited
amount of backstage space?  Would the content of the play be appealing?

Beyond our list, we are especially interested in *FAMILY FRIENDLY SHOWS,
AND  SHOWS SPECIFICALLY AIMED AT CHILDREN* (not necessarily including
children in the cast—-could be adults performing a show that would bring
children into the theater). We welcome musicals, potentially Christmas
offerings, more modern shows (though those with a lot of foul language may
not work for our audiences).

*If you have already directed at Workshop Players, you need not submit a
resume or application, merely your list of play submissions that include
and overview of the play and WHY and HOW you believe each would fit into
our space.  Each applicant should submit a list of no fewer than 3 and no
more than 6 plays. *

*If you have not directed with us, please submit a resume along with your
submissions.  Send them to joeandpatprice at centurytel.net
<joeandpatprice at centurytel.net>. These “applications” are due April 1,
2018 (no fooling!)*.

Please contact me if you would like a copy of our suggested list. Directors
will be interviewed the second week of April by the Board of Trustees, when
5 directors will be chosen. The play reading committee will then read all
of the plays submitted and meet with each director in August to finalize a
balanced, interesting season.

Thank you for your potential interest in working with us. Please recall
that Workshop Players is a volunteer organization and that directors will
receive no stipend, just the joy of putting it together, bit by bit ….

Sincerely,

Pat Price

Play Reading Committee Chair

joeandpatprice at centurytel.net

--
Workshop Players
44820 Middle Ridge Road, Amherst, OH 44001
contact at workshopplayers.com
www.workshopplayers.com

"If all the world's a stage, I want better lighting!"