[NEohioPAL] Near West Theatre needing MALE vocalists for the CHOIR in THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME

Kelcie Dugger KDugger at nearwesttheatre.org
Fri Mar 9 10:06:22 PST 2018

Near West Theatre is looking for experienced MALE singers, preferably section leaders in choral singing to build a CHOIR for their upcoming expansive production of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, THE MUSICAL.  This show is demandingly vocal and calls for the company to include a CHOIR.

We have been fortunate enough to gather a strong female choir and we're hoping to expand the male section more to create the sound that is needed for the production!

Our idea is to form this primarily vocal group, the CHOIR, and rehearse the CHOIR once a week starting this month.  Then, beginning the week of April 22, the CHOIR will be folded into the regular rehearsal schedule, join with the cast and be staged into the production.  From April 22nd on, the rehearsal schedule will be 3 to 4 times a week, Sundays through Wednesdays (Thursday, too, during Tech Week).

The show opens on May 4, 2018 and plays for TEN performances:

Performance Dates are May 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20.

Curtain times are Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30pm.  Sundays at 3pm.

A brief audition will be necessary.  Our wonderful Music Director, Matt Dolan, will be coordinating these efforts.  He is your contact person. If interested, please call Matt Dolan at 330-285-7998.  Or email him at mdolan2005 at gmail.com<mailto:mdolan2005 at gmail.com>

Sincerely,

Bob Navis Jr

Artistic Director and director of HUNCHBACK.